• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Biblepay Unchained Mobile Wallet Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 11:27:49 AM »
Mornin.

I retested the SMS verification and it works just fine for me now.

Code: [Select]
Sent

We sent you a pin. Please enter it on your account record, and then you will be verified!

So it looks solid.
I also entered another comment and now it looks fine.
I will do some other testing with the pdfs and what not.

Sweet, thanks!  That means the pins should work all over Europe and the US now!

Also plz check out the recently uploaded and trending.

Ill make a town hall as soon as I can , so everyone can communicate.  Im making slower progress, because there is a lot of new code coming in for the core wallet for .17 that I'm getting ready behind the scenes for our next testnet - its a lot of code.  Also, my Dad died, so Ill be traveling this next week.  But I'm going to program on the road.

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 12:55:48 AM »
Hi Rob,

If I go to Account->My User Record and try to set and save the User Record it gives this error:
Sorry, you must create a wallet first. (Wallets are completely free, but necessary for the system to store data). Please click 'Generate New Address' in Account settings.
There is no Settings in the Account section and thus no "Generate New Address" in Account settings. So this error message probably needs updated.

I see the Generate if the wallet icon / balance is clicked on of course, this is just testing to try to find anything that may confuse a new user or not go smoothly.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 05:35:52 AM »
Hi Rob,

If I go to Account->My User Record and try to set and save the User Record it gives this error:There is no Settings in the Account section and thus no "Generate New Address" in Account settings. So this error message probably needs updated.

I see the Generate if the wallet icon / balance is clicked on of course, this is just testing to try to find anything that may confuse a new user or not go smoothly.

Yeah, I just moved all the wallet stuff into a "wallet control" so it can be private for the user (thats accessed with the wallet icon button yeah).

Yeah, I agree and I realize we need an easier flow for a new user... Ill add a TODO item now to think of a way for new users to be led through some wizard or something or at least a page explaining the startup once.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 07:44:23 AM »
Yeah, I just moved all the wallet stuff into a "wallet control" so it can be private for the user (thats accessed with the wallet icon button yeah).

Yeah, I agree and I realize we need an easier flow for a new user... Ill add a TODO item now to think of a way for new users to be led through some wizard or something or at least a page explaining the startup once.

On a side note, I plan on automatically creating a wallet for the new user (who has no wallet) in the future; and that will remove one more step (so every wallet will always have an address and it will eliminate the gotcha of saving a username with no wallet).

But for now, I added an "Explain - Getting Started" button to the Account page - explaining how to get started, and I removed the unecessary space and fields; let me know if this gets us by for the time being- as a new user.  I also made the wallet control the right size to work on the iphone.  I noticed our system works relatively well when viewed vertically on the iphone with the left menu closed.  Whenever I want to do something, I click the Sidebar-show-button, and do it and it closes the menu and Im able to function relatively well.  The Horizonal mode however is very cumbersome, but I dont think its possible to "do everything for everyone", cause fixing horizontal would break vertical; I think its relatively good and intuitive like it is on at least the iphone.

I dont have an android to test on.  Need more input and more testing on that side!

• sntjo2847

more
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 11:27:36 AM »
Ok, I think that message should be enough to point people in the right direction.  :)

The overlay for the wallet is partway under the sidebar for me. Example: Wa is covered and llet is visible. I can close the sidebar and see the whole thing of course, but it probably should not be under the sidebar.

I went ahead and created a wallet. The overlay that pops up with the recovery words is centered and not covered by the sidebar.

When encrypting the wallet, the password is shown in plaintext. I think normal practice is to obscure it but have a way to make it visible.

I also tested on Android on several browsers. On all of them, the overlay is partway off the screen on the side. If it is viewed in landscape, then it is off the bottom of the screen instead. The page is scrollable, but not the overlay, so there appears to be no way to view the whole wallet overlay. It may work better across devices to have it be an actual page instead of an overlay.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 12:04:43 PM »
Ok, I think that message should be enough to point people in the right direction.  :)

The overlay for the wallet is partway under the sidebar for me. Example: Wa is covered and llet is visible. I can close the sidebar and see the whole thing of course, but it probably should not be under the sidebar.

I went ahead and created a wallet. The overlay that pops up with the recovery words is centered and not covered by the sidebar.

When encrypting the wallet, the password is shown in plaintext. I think normal practice is to obscure it but have a way to make it visible.

I also tested on Android on several browsers. On all of them, the overlay is partway off the screen on the side. If it is viewed in landscape, then it is off the bottom of the screen instead. The page is scrollable, but not the overlay, so there appears to be no way to view the whole wallet overlay. It may work better across devices to have it be an actual page instead of an overlay.

Regarding the last point, an actual page instead of a modal overlay, I don't believe that can be done because I'm trying to make the secure part of the wallet a 'user-server control' so that it can be secured (IE data can not be sniffed on the server, even when people host a copy of the biblepaydll) so thats why its a pop up.  However Ill work on positioning it, I do see that happening now on one of my browsers on the PC but not on the iphone.  On a side note, my goal is to make the same functionality in the wallet available as a chrome plugin (as an alternative) in the future - so we would basically have a Wallet for people that want the default convenience, and an alternative browser-plugin type wallet for those who trust plugins more.

Ill reply to the other parts on the next fix.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 01:18:29 PM »

I accidentally sent out a command to destroy some of the videos, oh no... Im trying to repair it now.
Anyway, Ill look into the password box in a few minutes.

In the mean time, I believe the CSS was cached; fixed...  could you please see if I fixed the wallet positioning and see if it works in android too now?

Im glad you have the android; this is very complementary, cause if you can try Adding a prayer response (comment) , adding a Town Hall comment, and liking something from android that would be very helpful also.

Also, please send some bbp to yourself; do you need any BBP for prod?  (Testnet is too cumbersome to go into right now; with the dash rebase coming up, Ive pretty much disabled all my testnet sancs... ) So I think we have to go forward testing unchained in Prod! (For a couple months til the rebase is in testnet again)....

• sntjo2847

more
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 01:39:57 PM »
Regarding the last point, an actual page instead of a modal overlay, I don't believe that can be done because I'm trying to make the secure part of the wallet a 'user-server control' so that it can be secured (IE data can not be sniffed on the server, even when people host a copy of the biblepaydll) so thats why its a pop up.  However Ill work on positioning it, I do see that happening now on one of my browsers on the PC but not on the iphone.  On a side note, my goal is to make the same functionality in the wallet available as a chrome plugin (as an alternative) in the future - so we would basically have a Wallet for people that want the default convenience, and an alternative browser-plugin type wallet for those who trust plugins more.

Ill reply to the other parts on the next fix.
Does 'user-server control' mean it is an asp.net user(or server) control?

I see you changed the position. It is not covered now. On android the sidebar auto hides and the wallet screen is fully visible(vertical/portrait mode).  :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2021, 10:18:32 AM »
Does 'user-server control' mean it is an asp.net user(or server) control?

I see you changed the position. It is not covered now. On android the sidebar auto hides and the wallet screen is fully visible(vertical/portrait mode).  :)

Ok, I'm finally back, finally corrected the error that I caused earlier (videos are showing again).
So, yes I also centered the wallet control , so it should theoretically be visible now on all devices (in at least horiz mode). 
Thats excellent you can see it on the android, and I can see it on the iphone now also.

Regarding the password field(s),  I did make them of the type password, so now they are hidden as you type.

Regarding the wallet control, yes, its an asp.net server control.  Its included in our distro, and added to the page as a distinct control, but the devs consuming our DLL will not have any access to the encrypted data flowing back and forth to or from the control.  So that is my solution for the 'convenient'  approach as we have right now.  Again, eventually we should be able to offer the chrome plugin as a second option. 

Now can you also test adding comments from the android, and test town hall, and test upvoting and downvoting, and sending bbp back and forth, and verify videos play in general on the android and pc?

Let me know if there are any other issues I forgot to address.

Btw, I did get testnet working again also (but its empty, as I changed the data format).  I recommend testing in Prod however for the time being, as I believe we only have one node running in testnet.  (Btw, our testnet node is running the lastest BBP core version, with -testnet=1, another words, its not running from the DEV branch, its running from the MAINNET branch.  This is because we are about to release a breaking testnet version in DEVelop soon).  Let me know if you need any extra BBP for testing.

• sntjo2847

more
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Ok, I'm finally back, finally corrected the error that I caused earlier (videos are showing again).
So, yes I also centered the wallet control , so it should theoretically be visible now on all devices (in at least horiz mode). 
Thats excellent you can see it on the android, and I can see it on the iphone now also.

Regarding the password field(s),  I did make them of the type password, so now they are hidden as you type.
Great. I used it and it is indeed hidden now.

Regarding the wallet control, yes, its an asp.net server control.  Its included in our distro, and added to the page as a distinct control, but the devs consuming our DLL will not have any access to the encrypted data flowing back and forth to or from the control.  So that is my solution for the 'convenient'  approach as we have right now.  Again, eventually we should be able to offer the chrome plugin as a second option.

I have not used asp.net much. I thought that server controls executed on the server, which could mean the wallet generation not being on the server instead of locally. Is that the case for this?

Now can you also test adding comments from the android, and test town hall, and test upvoting and downvoting, and sending bbp back and forth, and verify videos play in general on the android and pc?

Let me know if there are any other issues I forgot to address.

Btw, I did get testnet working again also (but its empty, as I changed the data format).  I recommend testing in Prod however for the time being, as I believe we only have one node running in testnet.  (Btw, our testnet node is running the lastest BBP core version, with -testnet=1, another words, its not running from the DEV branch, its running from the MAINNET branch.  This is because we are about to release a breaking testnet version in DEVelop soon).  Let me know if you need any extra BBP for testing.
I created a wallet and login on android and pc.

Townhall works as expected - comment, upvote, downvote. Videos play well, I think I tried all of the playback options. Receiving bbp also worked on both.

I sent a few bbp with unchained from the pc to the android. It worked fine. I was surprised though to see ~3x the transaction fee added to the transaction and burned(~1bbp). Is that intentional?

When I tried to send bbp from android, I got an error that the wallet is corrupted. In the error message it says to restore from seed words or decrypt the wallet. However, I had not encrypted the wallet yet, so I did not have the seed words as they are not given until you encrypt the wallet. I have a few ideas to try, but decided to see what you thought about the situation first.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2021, 01:17:19 PM »
Great. I used it and it is indeed hidden now.

I have not used asp.net much. I thought that server controls executed on the server, which could mean the wallet generation not being on the server instead of locally. Is that the case for this?
I created a wallet and login on android and pc.

Townhall works as expected - comment, upvote, downvote. Videos play well, I think I tried all of the playback options. Receiving bbp also worked on both.

I sent a few bbp with unchained from the pc to the android. It worked fine. I was surprised though to see ~3x the transaction fee added to the transaction and burned(~1bbp). Is that intentional?

When I tried to send bbp from android, I got an error that the wallet is corrupted. In the error message it says to restore from seed words or decrypt the wallet. However, I had not encrypted the wallet yet, so I did not have the seed words as they are not given until you encrypt the wallet. I have a few ideas to try, but decided to see what you thought about the situation first.
Sounds like pretty good progress.
Thats good that all the videos look pretty good.  Btw, you can also see the video transcript by clicking the video, then while its playing click the bottom right Computer icon which shows the advanced viewer with transcript.  Later we will expose the artificial intelligence features; this allows the user to find keywords within the video where they are SPOKEN.

Regarding the android corruption,  I probably caused that because I upgraded entity classes and this erased user records and a lot of corresponding data.  Could you first, please recreate your user record, restore from seed, do a few tests, and if you get the problem again try to see if you can reproduce it with a set of steps, if so, let me know the steps?

Thanks for testing!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:11:13 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sntjo2847

more
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 02:44:31 PM »
I noticed unchained has had a major overhaul. I created an account and sent myself some bbp and then sent some back. I have a couple questions:

Are the fees intentionally high? 3.34 bbp to send some back seemed high.

I noticed afterwards that there is a testnet thread on it. Does that mean it should not be used/tested on mainnet?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »
I noticed unchained has had a major overhaul. I created an account and sent myself some bbp and then sent some back. I have a couple questions:

Are the fees intentionally high? 3.34 bbp to send some back seemed high.

I noticed afterwards that there is a testnet thread on it. Does that mean it should not be used/tested on mainnet?
1) The tx fees are intentionally still high; we will definitely lower them to almost normal when we go into production with our next mandatory core wallet (I think this is realistically expected ~ March 2022).
2) Mainnet mode is OK to use, but still in beta (I intend to have a Beta slogan up at the top, but for some reason it was recently hidden, I just added that to my todo list again), but its been behaving pretty well so dont be alarmed; I havent had any reports of issues with prod since the overhaul.  But yes, in beta we should keep the funds below 70K or so in prod until we actually make it to prod... 
3) The testnet thread is there to sort of push all this to be integrated by our next release (IE roll out a stable product), so feel free to join us there.  We are paying this time so if you sign up as a tester you will be rewarded $30 an hour; just reply in that thread please.