Bible Pay

Read 417190 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Would it work from the GUI? I'm thinking no, it looks like it's how the variable was set up or something.

The only difference from the RPC are the spaces, so RPC Or Gui are equally bad.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
The only difference from the RPC are the spaces, so RPC Or Gui are equally bad.

It's ok, it looks like I can just use fake e-mail address, the only downside is I won't be able to recover my account probably but that's ok.

By the way, I have 6 sanctuaries up and running now. I can make more if you want to send me some tBBp. I need 2mil more for 4 more sanctuaries. Address: yiqLtGKtrDykVqrFREoZ8B5mhRE66s4cw8
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:06:32 PM by T-Mike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
It's ok, it looks like I can just use fake e-mail address, the only downside is I won't be able to recover my account probably but that's ok.

By the way, I have 6 sanctuaries up and running now. I can make more if you want to send me some tBBp. I need 2mil more for 4 more sanctuaries. Address: yiqLtGKtrDykVqrFREoZ8B5mhRE66s4cw8

Yeah, just to clarify, your not using a fake rosetta account, your using a valid rosetta account with an unconfirmed e-mail address, and associating biblepay with a valid username + password that you can still log in to access and edit the account.  I dont want anyone to think they can make a CPID with a fake email address.

BOINC allows that for anonymity reasons, so that one can crunch without having to actually have a confirmed e-mail account to start crunching.

I think you have enough, but thanks for setting all that up!  Id like to get a good broad base going so we can really hit all the intricacies in our testing.

EDIT: Sent 1 mil more just in case.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:26:48 PM by Rob A. »

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more

I think what we will do is "recommend" a prod sanctuary owner to run in QT mode, and Ill make it kill the node (IE the node will die) if its a chosen sanc and cant process the file.  Then if the owner does not reboot it they will eventually not get paid or have to manually restart it.

Is this for after PoDC is implemented or should I look to do this now?
How do I run qt in headless mode (I am on a vultr virtual machine).
Thanks

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Is this for after PoDC is implemented or should I look to do this now?
How do I run qt in headless mode (I am on a vultr virtual machine).
Thanks

This is for after we go live, now that I think of it... We will need to ask everyone to do it at that point, because over 10 days, everyone will get "hit" with the call of duty (to process the file).

On vultr, you can just VNC in (using the built in viewer) and then install graphics from the command line.  It really depends on your flavor, I have Debian but I dont know the command right off but its pretty easy if you google it.  Once the graphics manager is installed, you can launch QT like this

cd /src/qt
./biblepay-qt

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
Ok cool, when it is closer to the time I will figure out how to do that.

On another note, it seems another advantage of PoDC may be solving the multiwallet issue.

I'm still testing and I want to give it a few days, but running a 4 core physical machine (with a pretty old/slow cpu) and comparing it to two different VPS, I am getting much much better Average Credit from the physical machine (even though on the pool the hps wasn't that much greater than the vps server).

I'll give it a few days to average out then present my findings

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Ok cool, when it is closer to the time I will figure out how to do that.

On another note, it seems another advantage of PoDC may be solving the multiwallet issue.

I'm still testing and I want to give it a few days, but running a 4 core physical machine (with a pretty old/slow cpu) and comparing it to two different VPS, I am getting much much better Average Credit from the physical machine (even though on the pool the hps wasn't that much greater than the vps server).

I'll give it a few days to average out then present my findings

Your right!  That solves that pesky issue too.  I think I said that to someone in a PM but I forgot about that bonus.

Yeah, It would be nice to just mine BBP on one thread in the controller wallet and max out every machine with Rosetta.

I believe it- since Boinc has a plethora of management options, we inherit all the benefits of respecting a users computing preferences and networking preferences also.

One other side benefit of this that is huge to the coin as a whole is modular programming.  Effectively if Rosetta works as our miner, that means any cat & mouse related upgrades are not necessary on our side, and all of Rosettas updates happen invisibly (as they are constantly adding more complex problems to their code on the healthcare side - and boinc takes care of upgrading those libs and they are guaranteed not to break us, because they must be boinc compatible), so I like the fact that we inherit a better cancer miner, and yet that side of the house upgrades itself.  Then we can focus on what we do best- working on Stratis, reports, and gospel features, etc.  It seems like a win-win, but I am obviously considering all of the integrity aspects of PODC workunits also, so Id like to build a team that is committed to "proving" the integrity of PODC work units, with some hybrid idea as I mentioned maybe placing a Biblepay script inside work units - and spend the stake as miners "solve" these, at least that proves they received a work unit, inserted a POS script, and solved the work unit live.  If people trust stake coins, why wouldnt they trust stake on steroids inside a cancer miner?

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Yeah, just to clarify, your not using a fake rosetta account, your using a valid rosetta account with an unconfirmed e-mail address, and associating biblepay with a valid username + password that you can still log in to access and edit the account.  I dont want anyone to think they can make a CPID with a fake email address.

BOINC allows that for anonymity reasons, so that one can crunch without having to actually have a confirmed e-mail account to start crunching.

I think you have enough, but thanks for setting all that up!  Id like to get a good broad base going so we can really hit all the intricacies in our testing.

EDIT: Sent 1 mil more just in case.

Yeah there is no security issue.

Thanks for the extra tBBP, I have 10 testnet masternodes running now. Over the next week I will add more CPIDs for testing.

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
we need desktop for linux for masternode in future?

my questions is only this:

1.when i sent exec getboincinfo : missing CPID, addresses ...  its need SYNC or where is bug?
2.can i set 50% cpu for rosetta and 50% for mining bbp?   more power to rosetta more magnitude more rewards from superblock?
3. where i can to setup this divide-contribute power in linux?  or how in boinc manager in windows

thanks

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:51:45 AM by klondike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

1.when i sent exec getboincinfo : missing CPID, addresses ...  its need SYNC or where is bug?
2.can i set 50% cpu for rosetta and 50% for mining bbp?   more power to rosetta more magnitude more rewards from superblock?
3. where i can to setup this divide-contribute power in linux?  or how in boinc manager in windows

thanks
0) Yeah, at this time, we will need sanctuaries to run in ./biblepay-qt mode.  They need the qt libs to perform the advanced file filtering.

***  This is only for the sanctuaries.  Anyone else on linux can still run in headless mode if they want ***

1) Please ensure you are on 1089 as I added more info, then paste your exec getboincinfo.  Without seeing that it could be anything.  I assume your CPID is associated already to boinc. 
2) You could do 50% rosetta, but it would be a waste.  You really should do 90% rosetta and just let bbp mine on one thread in the controller, as mining only pays 10%.  You get more magnitude when your cancer miner does more average work per day.
3) For boinc on linux, I just installed it on a few debian sancs very easily and now they are crunching, follow this guide: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Installing_BOINC_on_Ubuntu
I recommend installing it then running boinc manager from your graphics launcher, then click advanced view, and then it looks just like the windows version.  Once you are an expert, you can also do boinc ops in headless mode (like headless biblepay).

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:01:26 AM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

thanks

I accidentally delete your last post, my mistake.

You were asking how do you give 10% to POBH, 10% to Yourself and 80% to boinc.

Its possible to do that:

1) Run biblepay-qt with 1 thread - 'genproclimit=1'
2) In Boinc, go to options, computing preferences, set Use no more that 80% computing power, and say suspend tasks when computer is busy

SOLVED

As far as the manual, I disagree, its 90% there for anyone with intelligence enough to read, and knows anything basic about basic IT administration.

All we need is a few more nuances to address uncommon problems, linux administration, and what Togo thinks is Wise.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

I accidentally delete your last post, my mistake.

You were asking how do you give 10% to POBH, 10% to Yourself and 80% to boinc.

Its possible to do that:

1) Run biblepay-qt with 1 thread - 'genproclimit=1'
2) In Boinc, go to options, computing preferences, set Use no more that 80% computing power, and say suspend tasks when computer is busy

SOLVED

As far as the manual, I disagree, its 90% there for anyone with intelligence enough to read, and knows anything basic about basic IT administration.

All we need is a few more nuances to address uncommon problems, linux administration, and what Togo thinks is Wise.

With boinc you can not only throttle by user preference you can even throttle by CPU temperature:

https://efmer.com/

• rastiks

• February 11, 2018, 05:48:57 AM
    more
I have just tried running boinc on ARM. Not successful though, I'm not getting any tasks :

11-Feb-2018 15:15:24 [Rosetta@home] Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
11-Feb-2018 15:15:24 [Rosetta@home] Requesting new tasks for CPU
11-Feb-2018 15:15:27 [Rosetta@home] Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
11-Feb-2018 15:15:27 [Rosetta@home] This project doesn't support computers of type aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu

Anyone  else tried ARM (e.g. Raspberry?)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I have just tried running boinc on ARM. Not successful though, I'm not getting any tasks :

11-Feb-2018 15:15:24 [Rosetta@home] Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
11-Feb-2018 15:15:24 [Rosetta@home] Requesting new tasks for CPU
11-Feb-2018 15:15:27 [Rosetta@home] Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
11-Feb-2018 15:15:27 [Rosetta@home] This project doesn't support computers of type aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu

Anyone  else tried ARM (e.g. Raspberry?)
Thanks for trying dude, yea it will be highly beneficial if someone figures out a model of cell phone or tablet that actually runs it.
You might have to google the Rosetta forums to find one particular flavor that actually works...

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
Rob: your response was for windows: i mean how set in linux that boinc manager/ only client

ouch:  we will be using genproclimit on our machines=1?  right?

xeon=24cores  ==  genproclimit=1    1core for BBP and 23cores for rosetta will be automaticly?

im trying understand how it working  linux vs windows

news interesting that i was hit superblock 7128?  5907 tBBP

ROB im using 2 machines for test 3dprotein=  HTPC+GAMER PC=  both 189 version: both i see on rosetta info:

when i getboincinfo on Ryzen= i see parameters,but when i getboincinfo on HTPC machine i see this

thanks for help guys
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:05:42 AM by klondike »