Bible Pay

Read 23890 times

• Cryptoshot

• February 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
    • Ghana
    more
Re: BiblePay mobile wallet (Android & iOS)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »
This is sounding quite so great, but I am still unable to open it after the download. What could actually account for that. Or is it the android  version I am using?
I think this app is going to be a real boost to our business as a community.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
I think this is a good idea :) We could use testers for this.

Sending funds to the wallet was no problem. But I can't seem to be able to send them back to my Windows wallet?

Of course, the numbers aren't correct right now, but there is also some difference, because 1.000.000 inside the wallet is 10.000 in my notification:

The first one is the bug I found about not calculating fees and change properly. I'm working on it.

The second one I also found it today on my own. The "bits" unit is satoshis/100 so 1BBP = 1,000,000 b

However the conversion/ formatting function for notifications is being called twice so it divides 1,000,000 again by 100 = 10,000 which is what you see. I corrected this on development.

Thank you for reporting
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:14:37 PM by MIP »

• MIP

more
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »
This is sounding quite so great, but I am still unable to open it after the download. What could actually account for that. Or is it the android  version I am using?
I think this app is going to be a real boost to our business as a community.

First, check Android version. It should be 6.0+

Second, allow for unknown sources installs
https://developer.android.com/distribute/marketing-tools/alternative-distribution.html#unknown-sources

Third, go to google play and install "APK Installer" app. It will make the process easier. Trying to install apks from browser downloads could be tricky sometimes.

• Cryptoshot

• February 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
    • Ghana
    more
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 04:52:34 PM »
First, check Android version. It should be 6.0+

Second, allow for unknown sources installs
https://developer.android.com/distribute/marketing-tools/alternative-distribution.html#unknown-sources

Third, go to google play and install "APK Installer" app. It will make the process easier. Trying to install apks from browser downloads could be tricky sometimes.

Thank you for the support. I am now successful at installing it. I have even send some BBP coins from C-cex to the android wallet and it has reflected. However, it is the amount of BBP that is still not portraying the transacted amount. Thanks

• MIP

more
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »

Thank you for the support. I am now successful at installing it. I have even send some BBP coins from C-cex to the android wallet and it has reflected. However, it is the amount of BBP that is still not portraying the transacted amount. Thanks

Please send screenshot and it will be easier to identify where the issue is.

Remember there is a settings screen where you can  configura the units for BBP and fiat  currency. There you can choose between "bits" and BBP.

1 BBP = 1,000,000 bits

• MIP

more
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2018, 08:11:07 AM »
Ok I found the reason why sends were rejected by the network: low fee-per-kb amount as forecasted. But I wanted to be sure and took a strict approach to know it's 100% safe to change this.

So I'm releasing it in few minutes, create testing thread and announcing in Bitcointalk thread.

• MIP

more
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 03:11:36 AM »
Rob or someone managing the website, Google play requires a privacy notice link in order to allow using the camera. I can "clone" the breadwallet one, but I would need to publish it in some page at biblepay.org.

Please tell me how to send you the page for publishing.

See https://breadapp.com/privacy-policy/

I created the featured image myself

• MIP

more
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »
Finally GETUTXOS is not implemented in Biblepy Core peers (or it's disabled at the moment)  we will have to implement sweep feature using block explorer API. As Iquidus is not supporting it we will do it ourserves.

Litch could you please tell me where your Biblepay explorer source code is so I can make the changes?

Thank you!

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »
True! I found these ones:
https://www.southxchange.com/api/price/BBP/BTC
https://c-cex.com/t/bbp-btc.json

I'll do an average of buy-sell spread.

CoinMarketCap does this automatically and the advantage is that they display a more accurate average price because they take into account the volume per exchange! So for example if exchange 1 has a 30 sat price at 99% of total volume, and exchange 2 has a 36 sat price at 1% of total volume, they will show 30 as average, not 33.

Here is their API for BBP: https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/biblepay/

Another advantage for you is that you will not have to update your code when new exchanges list BiblePay.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:45:24 PM by inblue »

• MIP

more
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »
CoinMarketCap does this automatically and the advantage is that they display a more accurate average price because they take into account the volume per exchange! So for example if exchange 1 has a 30 sat price at 99% of total volume, and exchange 2 has a 36 sat price at 1% of total volume, they will show 30 as average, not 33.

Here is their API for BBP: https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/biblepay/

Another advantage for you is that you will not have to update your code when new exchanges list BiblePay.

Included in the new version. Thanks for the suggestion.

• MIP

more
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:36 AM »
Wooohoooo the current Breadwallet iOS version is relying in a 5-month old branch of the SPV client library... not the one I modified for the Android compile.

This is gonna be more painful than expected   ;D.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:41:46 AM by MIP »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 05:19:21 AM »
So you have to redo a lot of work for the iOS version? If you spend more hours than expected, just put in another proposal. You've got my vote :)

• MIP

more
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 08:02:17 AM »
So you have to redo a lot of work for the iOS version? If you spend more hours than expected, just put in another proposal. You've got my vote :)

I will try to make a full research first, before making a decision, as the changes include a refactoring of the ChainParameters data.

To make things harder, Breadwallet iOS team has not commited changes to Github since January 4th (last version is build 202 and "real" version you get from App Store is build 250) so there is a good chance that all the legwork I have to do on iOS build 202, has already been implemented by them in the last 3 months somewhere between build 202 and 250.

It would be a bit silly to throw tens of hours at the effort and see one day that it's already there when an official commit is finally made. There is no way to know until that day comes.

I will contact with Breadwallet team and ask but I don't know how jealous they are, regarding their codebase.  Another option is waiting a couple weeks and see if they finally update the repository.

What I will likely need to turn into a proposal, is the implementation of a "getutxo" API in Iquidus Explorer. It will be absolutely necessary to have the "private key sweep" feature. Breadwallet has it's own, but it's hosted on their servers and it's Bitcoin only.

• MIP

more
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 10:12:17 AM »
Some quick updates:

I can't contact with Breadwallet devs asking about iOS repository updates. I'll wait a few days more.

Regarding Iquidus explorer, I will have to tweak the original node.js code so the transaction inputs can include the OutPoint info, which is required to implement a getUtxos API.
Of course after this update the explorer database will have to be rebuilt from scratch but well,.. that's progress.  8)

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 11:47:55 AM »
MIP you are awesome for jumping on this!

Is the code open source?