Read 220794 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
You're right, the pool created a gobject and I tried to vote 'no'. Sadly, I got this:

Code: [Select]
{
  "overall": "Voted successfully 0 time(s) and failed 1 time(s).",
  "detail": {
    "MN1": {
      "result": "failed",
      "errorMessage": "GOVERNANCE_EXCEPTION_WARNING:CGovernanceManager::ProcessVote -- Unknown parent object , MN outpoint = fd5cb3ef632fb25a40665d1b4da0c1cd992c4f3d99ef38ce1ddf725ecfe53836-0, governance object hash = d418d2c8860147caa5ce3d62576a804384e830d67b8adf465d8f0b7ae87609f0\n"
    }
  }
}

Thanks, this is a complicated issue- something to do with governance hash collateral missing.  I added code to the pool to recover from this.  It can now move the proposal back to the beginning phase and resubmit the collateral, and then submit the gobject automatically. 

I just deployed it and hit it and it looks like it created a new proposal for us.  I just voted No on it, please try now :)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:28:21 PM by admin »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »

Thanks, this is a complicated issue- something to do with governance hash collateral missing.  I added code to the pool to recover from this.  It can now move the proposal back to the beginning phase and resubmit the collateral, and then submit the gobject automatically. 

I just deployed it and hit it and it looks like it created a new proposal for us.  I just voted No on it, please try now :)

It worked this time :) Well. at first I got the same error, but mnsync status didn't say '999' yet. I tried it a second time and it worked.

In the previous round, when I tried it, I first checked mnsync status, and it did say '999' and I still got the error, but maybe I should have waited a bit longer (for voting, I first fire up the testnet controller wallet, because normally that pc is on the mainnet, so maybe it's just a syncing thing on my end).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2017, 08:42:22 AM »
It worked this time :) Well. at first I got the same error, but mnsync status didn't say '999' yet. I tried it a second time and it worked.

In the previous round, when I tried it, I first checked mnsync status, and it did say '999' and I still got the error, but maybe I should have waited a bit longer (for voting, I first fire up the testnet controller wallet, because normally that pc is on the mainnet, so maybe it's just a syncing thing on my end).

Good, well I think they are different errors, when someone creates a new proposal, 5 BBP has to be burned.  Somehow on that first one you created, I saw the txid but the burnt was not in the chain.  On the new one I see the burned BBP. 

Maybe a different error text is emitted when your node isnt synced yet.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Its looking pretty good now overall, but I see a little bug in the pool where it is not showing 4 negative votes on the substance vote yet.  Its a strange bug, when I debug the code, it works, when it runs in the pool it doesnt.  Havent had that problem on the pool yet.

Anyway, I wonder how we are all syncing?   I havent had an issue staying in sync on my 3 cold sanctuaries- can we do a little tests? 

08:41:19

getblockhash 14700

8c4d078c31c7cdf700af58b5db36a854b93339c70c488e39c8b8386a664578b2

Is general opinion that sanctuaries seem to be solid now?  Other than "watchdog expired" (Im working on relaxing that btw by 400%, already modified a lot of the code for the watchdog for prod and for the Restart Required).

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »
Good, well I think they are different errors, when someone creates a new proposal, 5 BBP has to be burned.  Somehow on that first one you created, I saw the txid but the burnt was not in the chain.  On the new one I see the burned BBP. 

Maybe a different error text is emitted when your node isnt synced yet.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Its looking pretty good now overall, but I see a little bug in the pool where it is not showing 4 negative votes on the substance vote yet.  Its a strange bug, when I debug the code, it works, when it runs in the pool it doesnt.  Havent had that problem on the pool yet.

Anyway, I wonder how we are all syncing?   I havent had an issue staying in sync on my 3 cold sanctuaries- can we do a little tests? 

getblockhash 14700

Is general opinion that sanctuaries seem to be solid now?  Other than "watchdog expired" (Im working on relaxing that btw by 400%, already modified a lot of the code for the watchdog for prod and for the Restart Required).

Looking good :)

Code: [Select]
17:16:16

getblockhash 14700

17:16:16

Where does the 5 BBP come from? The balance of the person creating the proposal?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
Looking good :)
Where does the 5 BBP come from? The balance of the person creating the proposal?

Right now, it comes out of the pool wallet and does not even charge you, but that needs fixed.  So as to prevent spam.
Another problem is the pool is only allowed to submit one proposal per superblock, so thats got to be changed somehow.

Im still hunting down why our No votes arent showing.  Ill check that next.

We also need to raise the cost of a proposal to more like 5000 BBP so as to weed out frivilous proposals.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:41:57 AM by admin »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
You should raise the cost of proposals to 5000 but have it so that if it passes, that fee is refunded.
Yeah, I like that.  You know they can ask for 5000 more in the proposal, then get it back automatically.

Its tricky to code in a refund, since the money has to come from somewhere.

I am still working on looking at that issue where the No votes arent showing up; been tied up adding something new to the pool.

In the mean time people can still do more testing on the news feature; ensure its at least solid as far as what was originally written.

We can then re-brand it from news to use it as a built in help guide for creating masternodes at least.

Or maybe call it an 'article'.  Just an ability to list articles, add an article, and read articles. 

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
hello, after restarted win testnet wallet i get this error

im stuck on this error and dont know where is problem

thanks for your help

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
hello, after restarted win testnet wallet i get this error

im stuck on this error and dont know where is problem

thanks for your help

I tried to help him, but this seems a strange error. Can't really find anything online. Thing is: he also does something with storj, and that's also on port 40001. But changing the port doesn't seem to help...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »
I guess the question is where does that 5000 go initially?  Is it going to the Orphan Fund or just being burned?  You could send it to a  special address like the Orphan Fund, and using the conditional transaction fund logic you're building for wallet-to-wallet trading, make it a conditional transaction to either return to the sender or go on to the Orphan Fund/Burned.
The 5000 goes to the orphan address now, but Im sure we will have to change that to a burn address after sancs go live, because orphans will be paid out of the budget.
I dont follow you on the conditional payment; even if retirement account trading was live, there would be no way to send a payment back to a person from someones wallet, that would be like stealing from a random trader.  All money minted from the money supply must come from the coinbase tx.  So the only way to do this is either vote on the refund, or have him add it to the proposal.  Of course the latter is easier :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
I tried to help him, but this seems a strange error. Can't really find anything online. Thing is: he also does something with storj, and that's also on port 40001. But changing the port doesn't seem to help...

Lets check to see if his port is blocked and if he is modifying the correct masternode file?
Klondike, for testnet the correct file is : %appdata%\testnet3\masternode.conf.
Next, ensure the port is 40001 for testnet (I see you did that).
Ensure you are not listening on 40001 for anything else?
telnet yourip 40001 from another machine on your lan?

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2017, 12:41:54 AM »
ADMIN:

im idiot :D i must go telnet3 folder in main folder ... no setup main masternode but masternode in telnet3 folder   ;D

PROBLEM NEXT:

when tried run masternode by masternode start-alias IVANKA from DEBUG CONSOLE on WINWALLET(controller wallet )failed: but when i run it by MIXING BUTTON, i see my masternode in peerlist.... its OK?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:15:59 AM by klondike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »
ADMIN:

im idiot :D i must go telnet3 folder in main folder ... no setup main masternode but masternode in telnet3 folder   ;D

PROBLEM NEXT:

when tried run masternode by masternode start-alias IVANKA from DEBUG CONSOLE on WINWALLET(controller wallet )failed: but when i run it by MIXING BUTTON, i see my masternode in peerlist.... its OK?

Great!  Yeah, the txid just needed to confirm.  Since the tx is in your winwallet, just wait for 6 blocks to pass then do a 'getrawtransaction txid 1' and then you should see it, and your masternode start command should then work.  (As long IP is recognized on the network as public).

So I see your IP in my sanctuary list right now, so it looks like you are good :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »
Alright all, I know a while has passed since we did heavy duty testing.  Ive been adding code in to the core for "Temples" and for F8000.

The code is now running on my LAN, but I need to do a little more testing before I release it here to testnet.

It looks like this is going to be Critical to test, as we have to ensure the Temple will not bring down the sanctuaries and its payments are approved by everyone and works smoothly. 

I would also like to see f8000 get a good round of testing so we know it will solve our "node mutex" issue in prod, on the very first try.  Its critical that once we deem it to be releaseable, that when its released during Christmas and sent as a mandatory that we dont hose up CCEX.  So please be watching for f8000 and jump on with an extra server and lets try to verify the hash speed cannot be manipulated by linux vs windows, or multiple linux vs linux. 

The retirement accounts are almost ready also, but Im going to deprirotize them right now so I can test my Temple, and Ill explain those later.  What to be expected: In the next release, you will start accruing retirement coins.  We will at least be able to own some and see the balance.  Then in a couple weeks we can test trading them.  The trading engine "works" but it needs some business logic to keep it "safe".  Its currently getting a harness put in it that allows the escrow trade of colored coins for non-colored asset, with the ability to roll back the trade.  This is done by using a complex transaction.  The complex transaction piggybacks the output of the first two legs into a new tx and then piggybacks the colored coins on that, along with non colored coins relying on that, so no one can get burned.

Finally this is what I envision a Temple to be:

In TestNet, a temple requires 15MM BBP collateral.  It has to run on windows.  For now, the only requirement is that it runs on a public IP with IIS, and this user syncs the github pool code in.  Im going to be setting one up in an hour so we can test the ecosystem. This will require everyone to upgrade.

Im thinking by the time Christmas hits, we might have ebay integration.  The ebay integration requires the Temple owner to apply for an Ebay developer license.  Im thinking this Ebay ID might be the "key" that unlocks the payment for the temple.  Anyway- the idea here is when a normal wallet user tries to buy a KJV bible, the order will be routed to a temple with a valid Ebay ID and auto-dropped ship to the users house directly from the wallet.  This means the temple will BUY the bible and Receive the Escrow.  Im going to make it so the temple can charge an extra padding fee to sell the coins if they start losing money on the deal.  This is what I think the Temple will provide for the network:  A gateway for purchasing valuable products with BBP.  (If you are asking why Amazon and Walmart didnt work, they have the API blocked off so that users cant use it for purchases or checkouts.  This is deliberate to protect their large billion $ revenue web presence).  It makes it impossible to check out an item with AWS or Walmart without clicking the Checkout button on the ecommerce branded site.  This however, will hopefully work in-wallet if we can integrate with ebay.  Im in talks right now with Zinc, but they seem to be very greedy and high priced, so Ebay is our best bet.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
1.0.4.9 - Mandatory Upgrade for TESTNET

- Retirement accounts 1.0 (TESTNET)
- Trading Engine orderbook (TESTNET)
- Temples with 15MM BBP Requirement
- F8000 (TESTNET)
- Colored coins, complex transactions with escrow

All, please upgrade in testnet as Temples are a breaking change requiring a mandatory upgrade.

If anyone wants to test temples, follow the same hot wallet instructions except use 15,000,000 for escrow (as the e-commerce features are not integrated yet).

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2017, 02:07:23 AM »
1.0.4.9 - Mandatory Upgrade for TESTNET

- Retirement accounts 1.0 (TESTNET)
- Trading Engine orderbook (TESTNET)
- Temples with 15MM BBP Requirement
- F8000 (TESTNET)
- Colored coins, complex transactions with escrow

All, please upgrade in testnet as Temples are a breaking change requiring a mandatory upgrade.

If anyone wants to test temples, follow the same hot wallet instructions except use 15,000,000 for escrow (as the e-commerce features are not integrated yet).

I'll update today and try to start a temple if I have enough coins now :)

Offtopic: I want to write a full guide for the pool. But what's your opinion on what the content should be? Should I just write a first introduction on how to pool-mine (create account, name miners) and then create a glossary of all the menu options? And should I make it a wiki-page?