Bible Pay

Read 7617 times

New Logo Contest
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:41:12 AM »
There is a contest for a new logo at https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html.  I am shepherding it through.  We're getting a lot of response, may are unusable.  To facilitate better entries, it is a sealed contest, so until it ends in another 5 and a half days, there is little I can share.  Once the contest is closed, we'll have 14 days to select the winner and I can share most everything and let the community have the voice it should have.

Re: New Logo Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »
We've gotten over 400 entries in just over 5 days of a 7 day contest.  The expected number according to freelancer.com was 190.  A lot of been unacceptable or just plain poorly done.  But we're starting to see some real contenders pull ahead of the pack and I hope we'll have 3 to 5 good choices to make the hard choices between.  We'll have 14 days to pick a winner. I'm attaching one of the more complete entries, and there are about four other ones I've asked for some minor/moderate revisions on before I ask for the complete package.

Once the open part of the contest is over, I'll post what I feel are the best choices, and we can discuss.  I'm hoping we can get most of what we need for the stated bounty but I'm willing to spend some more to compensate for any tweaks and changes we would require.

I'll figure out what I'd hope to raise for fundraising, but I'm thinking in the end we could very well get what we need for the base $400 contest, although I'm figuring it may trend to $500 or $600 if we need a lot of revisions.   In the end, I'm willing to pay for it all for the good of the coin, but I would appreciate any donations.  My donation address is BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG for the Logo contest.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:54:17 PM »
The contest entry phase has closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

Go, vote and lets see if we have a new logo!

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDox

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:04:42 PM »
Re-imaged, A)

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »
Reimaged B

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »
Reimaged B

Thats pretty sweet.  I think B is slightly better than A, but thats my personal opinion, any changes guys, any color changes or ideas that wont peeve the designer?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
Lets recognize this logo contest West is holding for us, and thank West for holding the contest.

His donation address is :
BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG

At our current market price (.0007), we will need to raise 571,000 biblepay coins to pay for this $400 expense as a community!  (Without waiting til January to create a proposal).  So I think we need to start pitching in on this one so he is reimbursed for his credit card expense. 

Please consider donating for our logo.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
Sent 10k.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »
Thanks for the donations, I've gotten plenty already so no need to worry about it.  If a new logo helps the coin I'm happy to do it.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 02:02:47 AM »
I think 'Reimaged B' looks absolutely stunning, but I agree with sato_shi_ate that it looks too clutered. In my opinion the four quadrants with the dove etc take away the simplicity that most logos have. I tried photoshopping them away (making all quatrants plain yellow), but that also doesn't look really good. So I'm a bit stuck.

Maybe the answer is filling the lower two quadrants with a 'B' and 'P' (left and right) in the same fashion als de icons now used. That will also clarify that our coin is BiblePay.

But this is just my opinion, and I have no design experience. The logo really looks awesome and the artist sure knows what he's doing :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
I think 'Reimaged B' looks absolutely stunning, but I agree with sato_shi_ate that it looks too clutered. In my opinion the four quadrants with the dove etc take away the simplicity that most logos have. I tried photoshopping them away (making all quatrants plain yellow), but that also doesn't look really good. So I'm a bit stuck.

Maybe the answer is filling the lower two quadrants with a 'B' and 'P' (left and right) in the same fashion als de icons now used. That will also clarify that our coin is BiblePay.

But this is just my opinion, and I have no design experience. The logo really looks awesome and the artist sure knows what he's doing :)

Lets take a look at his monochrome version first and see if we like that for simplicity, I bet the monochrome one looks very crisp & clean.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »
Hows it going, whats he doing for us next?