Bible Pay

Read 303057 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Such a great project. Heartwarming to see the happy children, may the wells produce clean water for a long time coming.
This is what i feel Biblepay is all about, the core  foundation.

Thanks man, and I really hope some others see this project:
https://foundation.biblepay.org/Wells
And our orphan collage, and know that we have been good stewards over the last 3.2 years. 

I feel confident God will richly reward us once our wallet is established to be a useful tool in his Kingdom (fair weights and balances, preaching the gospel, and Teaching the Gospel).

Very good news recently :  We are becoming an official college for distributing academic tests on Gospel material, so I think this could very well be the key feature BiblePay was waiting for in-wallet.  Ill explain more in testnet.

5000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob. Thanks for the info. When you say you can use some help in TestNet - how exactly do you mean? Do you need hashpower (point one of my resources to a different IP), or do you need people to use a test wallet, or both?

Hi Radar,

In here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=748.new#new

So just to fill in the potholes we are missing, with addl help, more from a user perspective.  To stake a few UTXO stakes, to test the BiblePay University feature, to make a couple dac donations.  To let us know where we are lacking for go-live (IE inability for users to use the features).

Thanks!

5000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #752 on: February 02, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »
BiblePay RandomX Mining Operations Report - Jan 2021

Foundation - XMR: 0.132
Mining Pool Fun - XMR: 0.0614 XMR
Rate: 144
Total Raised: 27.8496

5200 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #753 on: February 05, 2021, 11:17:13 AM »
BiblePay RandomX Mining Operations Report - Jan 2021

Foundation - XMR: 0.132
Mining Pool Fun - XMR: 0.0614 XMR
Rate: 144
Total Raised: 27.8496

This is great Rob! Glad the pool is still able to support orphans. I've been giving directly to OneTrack Int'l via venmo because all my computers are considered slow these days, so I can't do much XMR pool mining with them. I figure Venmo is the simplest way to support a child. Its been a little tough being consistent with covid-19, but there's always someone in need and less fortunate than us.

2900 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #754 on: February 05, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
Cant explain DOGE very much, its probably just being thrown around like a flea.

Elon Musk gave support to DOGE last month. And then the wallstreetbets guys tried to pump DOGE after all the GameStop hoopla.

2900 BBP

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
« Reply #755 on: February 07, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
Hi guys!

The network started accepting Dynamic Whale Stakes again, and I submitted a few already. Is it safe, or should we wait for the new version to be rolled out?

1200 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2021, 03:03:48 PM »
Hi guys!

The network started accepting Dynamic Whale Stakes again, and I submitted a few already. Is it safe, or should we wait for the new version to be rolled out?

1200 BBP

How long was your stake for? I thought Rob wanted to transition to UTXO. I didn't realize you could submit more DWS stakes. I wonder if it'll migrate over without us having to do anything? Maybe get your original stake back and then earn stake rewards at set intervals?

Speaking of DWS Stakes, what is the significance of 1527?
Its been useful to determine PoDC payout vs DWS, so it is a useful decimal.

2900 BBP

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
« Reply #757 on: February 09, 2021, 05:00:09 AM »

How long was your stake for? I thought Rob wanted to transition to UTXO. I didn't realize you could submit more DWS stakes. I wonder if it'll migrate over without us having to do anything? Maybe get your original stake back and then earn stake rewards at set intervals?

2900 BBP

I prefer 30-day stakes; simpler accounting and quick noticing of glitches in payments :)

1200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #758 on: February 09, 2021, 09:48:56 AM »

2900 BBP

Hi guys!

1200 BBP

Hi All!

So although DWS is accepting again, and yes they will be honored, I recommend not doing super long ones (IE longer than 5 months), because it will put more complexity on us as a dev team if there are a lot that span past September 2021.

I realize UTXO is not yet 'set in stone' and still has to be voted in, but Im really preparing for something that might become a revolution for us, hence the early preparation.

There will definitely be a transition plan, so that all old dynamic whale stakes are paid.  First of all the next mandatoy upgrade includes a payment facility to pay out old DWS (we still owe a certain amount - see gettxoutsetinfo in testnet against prod), so yes they will continue to pay.  Id like to set it up so our September mandatory transitions to pay them out and cuts off the remainder after that height (for security reasons etc).

Thanks.

PS  :  No chance of glitches in next version since we are moving to pay UTXO rewards daily as per leaderboard output.

5400 BBP
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:12:40 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #759 on: February 12, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
Good morning, all.

I have been utilizing the Foundation's link to the "XMR Inquiry" to see where I am in regards to the hashpower and wallet that my CPUs are rendering. That link has been updated by Monero (I think) and no longer works within the Foundation site. Can I please get some guidance on this? Thank you and God bless.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #760 on: February 12, 2021, 11:17:54 AM »
Good morning, all.

I have been utilizing the Foundation's link to the "XMR Inquiry" to see where I am in regards to the hashpower and wallet that my CPUs are rendering. That link has been updated by Monero (I think) and no longer works within the Foundation site. Can I please get some guidance on this? Thank you and God bless.

Thanks, nothing like the never ending changes in the crypto landscape (code commits, security changes, hack prevention) and of course normal link changes like we see inside Microsoft when you click on a link that was posted a year ago - 404, etc.

I am looking into it!  God bless you too brother in Christ.

5400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #761 on: February 12, 2021, 11:23:38 AM »
Good morning, all.

Alright, fixed!

It looks like it was such a minor change that the Payments and Payment history buttons will still work from our window after the change.

5400 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #762 on: February 12, 2021, 08:47:17 PM »
Hi, me again. Quick question for you. I've been watching other cryptocurrencies swing up and down over the past few weeks, some wildly. BBP has stayed the same throughout the entire time. What is BBP tied to that keeps it so stable? Or, is it that it is not tied to anything? Just wondering.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #763 on: February 12, 2021, 09:14:34 PM »
Hi, me again. Quick question for you. I've been watching other cryptocurrencies swing up and down over the past few weeks, some wildly. BBP has stayed the same throughout the entire time. What is BBP tied to that keeps it so stable? Or, is it that it is not tied to anything? Just wondering.

We're not tied to any other assets (like a stablecoin is), so thats one point, but let me give my opinion on this and note that this is just my opinion:

- A year or so ago, some Russian firm, I cant recall the name offered to provide 'liquidity' for BBP and we didnt reply because it was very expensive.  But I find it odd that around that same time, an algo kicked in that buys below market and whatever coins they get cheap, they sell 1 millisat higher.  This imho, has been a curse for us!  Because it means we now have this sell wall people need to buy to get back out of.  I dont know who is behind it, but I know it exists because Ive tested in many times on SX even as recently as two days ago.  My hope is we have a whale that buys into BBP soon that blows through all those sitting sell orders and maybe this entity leaves us alone.  (The key to breaking out of it is having enough buyers that want to hold BBP and not just sell it again at a higher price).
- Coins in the 1500+ range on coinmarketcap (IE the very small coins) dont usually get institution level attention.  I believe those instituational buyers are afraid there is not enough liquidity to unwind a position.  I believe they want to see the coin break out with high volume, IE up the ranks from # 1750 to #1100 for example, and if we get lucky some institutions will then put us on their buy list.  Once we are on its a lot easier to stay in because then they have skin in the game.
- Were stuck simply because it takes 1btc for us to break out of the 1 satoshi area (IE there are a lot of sells from .01 - .09) and that keeps the price stable, unfortunately.
- Coins that are on tens of widespread exchanges tend to respond to standard market sentiment.  IE, money is flowing in, BTC is going UP, so XYZ is going up.  We are of course on a tiny niche of only two exchanges in a corner so were not very responsive to inflows.
- Arbs.  Arbs drag a currency one way or another based on their 'mother'.  We are supposed to be being dragged up right now from DASH.  But the big dogs cant see us today.

So my hope is the new UTXO mining might attract a wider base, as it appeals to over 500 million existing users who can earn a return on their non-bbp crypto positions as long as they hold a hybrid utxo stake.

5400 BBP
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:26:43 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #764 on: February 13, 2021, 10:23:45 AM »
This just a potential idea for some day in the future that we might consider:  Random acts of kindness.

I remembered recently there was a Professional Troll who died in his sin.  He had some type of debilitating pain in his body and was an atheist.  When he lost hope after years of suffering (and did not believe to call on God to heal him), he decided to become a professional troll.  He started a consulting company that charged big bucks to destroy peoples integrity on the internet.  He admitted how he would go into forums and post bad info about people that were targeted.  I think something like 1btc of charges per 100 posts or something (back when BTC was less than 10k).  Anyway, I thought how sad it was for the devil to deceive him into thinking those sins were not 'quite bad' simply because they were on the internet so they didnt hurt much, but imho, those sins came from the heart therefore they were true sins (slander, lies, evil thoughts, melancholy, discord, etc).  But of course if he repented he would have been forgiven.

My point is this, if we live in a digital world, the equivalent to holding a door for an old lady, a random act of kindness, could be for example to give a wonderful comment on a forum (for example a youtube rapture video), and that would brighten a persons day.  I believe God views this as important, not quite as important as holding a door open, but, maybe a few of these would add up to be equivalent for example.

So where would BiblePay fit in.  We could theoretically generate a pin for each CPK per day, and when that pin is used, if a block is mined with the PIN and URL in it, the user receives a reward (maximum one per day per cpk per pin-day for example).  So the sancs would scan the URL, and if it is an acceptable forum, and the pin exists in a post, the reward is flagged.  Then we need other sancs to upvote the comment to know if it was a positive thing or a negative thing.  (IE if a personal is an actual troll we dont want to reward them for that).

I realize this idea is probably falling to lower importance than some of the surfacing ideas related to anti-censorship but I wanted to put it out there for the record.  The main problem with it is the potential for being Paid to be posting good thoughts, but otoh it can also be viewed as training people to do goodwill (as not all posts would be paid once competition exists etc).

5400 BBP