Bible Pay

Read 216452 times

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: TestNet - BiblePay-Evolution & GSCs (Generic Smart Contracts)
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
we also should be testing the auto unlock password;
ensure you can mine with a locked encrypted wallet, and ensure you can send a gscc also.

I clicked Settings >> Encrypt Wallet

"getmininginfo" shows hashps

I tried to do "exec sendgscc true"
but I got message "Diary entry incomplete. (code -1)"

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »
Thanks (and also thank you Togo)!

I already tried deleting everything (including the 'SAN' folder) except my wallet.dat a couple of times, but that didn't help. I now upgraded to the latest version and put the gen=0 in my biblepay.conf. Let's see how that goes :)

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, but I'm going to try and keep up with you guys!

Alright! Turning off mining seems to have helped :)

Does someone have tBBP for me so I can start a Sanctuary? I only got 400k left when I finally synced to the top.

yc4G3KS6ZSmGRb89LrLSECpRy6AHfEfy59

• vuli

• June 02, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
    more
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2019, 02:52:49 PM »
I send you some "change"

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »
Alright! Turning off mining seems to have helped :)

Does someone have tBBP for me so I can start a Sanctuary? I only got 400k left when I finally synced to the top.

yc4G3KS6ZSmGRb89LrLSECpRy6AHfEfy59

I took a look at the problem we had and I think it was more related to the abn fork rules- I believe the gen=0 probably didnt help, anyway I also sent you some tBBP.

Good news, we are at over 5+ diff with ABN on, great.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:24:11 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
I clicked Settings >> Encrypt Wallet

"getmininginfo" shows hashps

I tried to do "exec sendgscc true"
but I got message "Diary entry incomplete. (code -1)"

Ok, we need to straighten out the docs, but let me re-clarify :

We used to need "true" in there in the first few versions to force the gscc so it would override the mining timer and send it.  Then later, I made this particular command always force it (as obviously they want to do it).  So you no longer need force=true.

So now its just two situations:  If you are a member of HEALING (exec join healing), you can do this:
exec sendgscc "healed a leper on the street"  ... (or prayed for someone, etc).

OR

exec sendgscc

In Case A, it will send the gscc to every applicable project PLUS ones that take diary entries.

In Case B, it will send it to all non-diary projects.

Good on the mining with a locked wallet, we are halfway there.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »
Reporting back, I was able to run "exec sendgscc" with encrypted/locked GUI wallet,
Output:
{
 "Command": "sendgscc",
 "results": 1
}

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2019, 05:24:55 PM »
Reporting back, I was able to run "exec sendgscc" with encrypted/locked GUI wallet,
Output:
{
}

Ok great!  (Ill be back on asap to answer those other security questions etc).

I discovered a bug today with ABN - this is a good one, now I can see why the network has been crawling soooo slow for the miners.

The ABN mining transaction needs a small adjustment.
For now the block solving speed is extremely slow.

I'm working on the patch.

We are close to moving on, I think these two issues are nearing completion.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
Thanks (and also thank you Togo)!

I already tried deleting everything (including the 'SAN' folder) except my wallet.dat a couple of times, but that didn't help. I now upgraded to the latest version and put the gen=0 in my biblepay.conf. Let's see how that goes :)

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, but I'm going to try and keep up with you guys!

We will probably have an update either in 6 hours or tomorrow morning, and I believe it will be a leisure.
Right now its slow to mine.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »
Upgraded to v1.4.2.2b

=

Yeah on the anonymous talk, I think its important for fungibility to have anonymity,
I also think its important for personal safety,
I think in the much much past you may have been open to disable PrivateSend?,
but it sounds like you may now lean more towards privacy/anonymity?

Also, I noticed in the evo docs theres a section about Tor
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay-evolution/blob/master/doc/tor.md

Casa Node just added a Tor update
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/beu2zm/casa_releases_support_for_tor/

I really dont know much of anything about Tor,
Ive heard rumors/stories that most of the exit nodes have been compromised,
but anyways Id be open to testing it out for BiblePay

Regarding me actually being against PrivateSend, I wouldn't say I am actually against it, I think what happened is 616West raised the concern a couple of times that if we are a Christian Crypto, why should we be touting private send features in a do-good environment (IE he was viewing this as why would a villain want to use biblepay if this is a Christian wallet).  And I know we have a savvy group, but what we have to communicate to people is Personal Safety Risk is real - IE there are cases where a normal Christian family has a few hundred grand in their 401k, and they might be the type of family that would rather move it to crypto (I know this sounds crazy to old timers, but look at the world, we may be in the end-times, etc, do you trust all the governments to do the right thing and print and print), anyway, lets say John Doe does move 300K into crypto, doesnt he have the right to remain anonymous and not get traced back to his IP and then have his crypto be taken at gunpoint?  So this issue really had more than one response, when I responded the one time that we should "hide" private send from the overview page, I was talking from a BBP UI perspective to make it easy to use - but I have never been against anonymity.  I think we need to educate the average user into knowing that anonymous features are not here to promote shady behavior from the ones trying to buy shady transactions, these features are here to protect the identity of people who want anonymous balances.

So to reiterate, I think BiblePay should provide two clear facilities, we should embrace Dash's features (untraceable balances) for investors, but we should also provide the public gospel side, and make it very clear in the training manual what could allow those two systems to intermingle.  (System A keeps balances in system A untraceable, while funds sent in System B are associated with a CPK and are public funds).  What this boils down to is if an anon investor intermingles their CPK with their cold storage sanc rewards (or cold locked Sanc collateral), they will expose their identity on the BX for everyone to see. 

So this is not about private send itself; its about starting to demarcate (all the components of every subsystem) in these two systems and make it easy to keep them separate, make sure our business logic doesnt allow breaking the rules and letting the anon user down, and we should also make a training manual for anon education.  We can be clear in our manual we are doing this to maintain the safety of the end user (not to promote shady behavior) inside BBP.

Actually Togo since you are excited about anon features if you want to take on the training manual, I will work with you to split the use cases and you can document them?

As far as Tor, I have never used it.  I sort of know how it works since I have a network engineering background.  Tor is basically going to be for people who are afraid another BBP endpoint would log their nodes IP (IP can be geo-located to your general block, now with Google streets sometimes down to the house number).  BBP does not store the IP (pools might), but all of this can be documented for anon users.  Tor is going to try to prevent the IP from being leaked (as you are coming in from the Tor point IP).  But as you said Tor might even be compromised - but there are other VPNs available for security concious individuals.

However, the IP is not as big of a problem as the actual anon balance.  The idea is if you can create an anonymous investor sanc balance, and never comingle your cold wallet rewards back to your CPK, then you are never going to be a public figure in the BX or a target for a villain (if they just see a key and a balance, they do not know your nickname and cant tie you to any other systems).  So I think this distinct goal is a worthy one for a page in the training manual alone.  You could make a separate endeavor to protect IPs.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2019, 10:41:50 PM »
1.4.2.3-Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Push ABN, GSC, and Anti-GPU errors up into getmininginfo errors
display
- Fix ABN bug preventing creation of ABN transactions (causing very slow
mining)
- Note: in 'exec getabnweight nnnnn' you can see the coin*age data

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
Thank you for clarifying Rob!

Upgraded to v1.4.2.3 and did a reindex, ran into an error reading a bad block,
doing a full clean now and reindexing again

getblockhash 55072
002c22d0c230b*

• vuli

• June 02, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
    more
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »
i have the same hash

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »
Output:
{
}

Hi.
So I've tested 1423 and mining is working with locked wallet perfectly.
But GSC is not working for me.
Like Togo, my I have
Code: [Select]
"results": 1, but no tx was made.
After wallet unlock it's working.
I've tried
exec sendgscc "healed a leper on the street" and it works too.
But when I tried
exec sendgscc "healed" there was
Diary entry incomplete. (code -1)Are there some restriction in sendgscc "text"?

Rob and can you explain me please how GSC exactly works?
When I run it for longer time it sends 4 GSC-Transmission (every hour) before I receive Smart-Contract-Payment.
How is the testnet speeded? Are those 4 hours like one day and it means that there were 4 GSC tx per day?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
Thank you for clarifying Rob!

Upgraded to v1.4.2.3 and did a reindex, ran into an error reading a bad block,
doing a full clean now and reindexing again

getblockhash 55072
002c22d0c230b*

Looks like we match, good.
I see diff is at .31 - not too horrible.  We have 9 in the leaderboard, not horrible.

I dont know if anyone noticed this cool new feature in getmininginfo, but if your CPK triggered the anti-gpu latch you will see the error.  Its kind of cool to see you are the one who solved the last block.

(BTW, any errors in getmininginfo are cleared in about 3 minutes- this gives you a chance to see them).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi.
So I've tested 1423 and mining is working with locked wallet perfectly.
But GSC is not working for me.
Like Togo, my I have
"results": 1, but no tx was made.
After wallet unlock it's working.
I've tried
exec sendgscc "healed a leper on the street" and it works too.
But when I tried
exec sendgscc "healed" there was
Diary entry incomplete. (code -1)Are there some restriction in sendgscc "text"?

Rob and can you explain me please how GSC exactly works?
When I run it for longer time it sends 4 GSC-Transmission (every hour) before I receive Smart-Contract-Payment.
How is the testnet speeded? Are those 4 hours like one day and it means that there were 4 GSC tx per day?

So, testing sending the gscc transmission with a locked encrypted wallet, with the 'setautounlockpassword' set, I just tested this, and my GSCC went, so its not the password causing it (if yours didnt send I recommend looking in your log under "CreateGSCTransmission::Fail::" and see if there is an error.  We do bubble the error to getmininginfo now also, but it is erased after 3 mins so check the log.  You can just run it again and look for the error).

Regarding the diary entry, it must be 10 chars or greater - so I just expanded that error message for the next version.

BTW, the most common GSC error is if you have a high setting set for your pog coinagepercentage (pog_coinagepercentage key) and you have more than 500 tx's in your wallet - check to see if they need consolidated once by going into coincontrol - and if they are not consolidated click Send some and consolidate the wallet first.   The error in the log would be something like GSC transaction size too large for a block.

We have 2.5 min blocks in testnet, so that means we end up with 4 GSC blocks per day (instead of 1 like prod).  And then we also have one GSC transmission per hour per project (instead of one per 24 hour in prod).  We only send ONE GSC per project - so that should mean you should see 2 per hour.     One for HEALING and one for POG.

I added the links for the docs for GSC to the OP post, let me know if there is still something that is unclear on GSC.