Read 2735 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Whale Revival
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »
I'm considering the idea of starting an Orphan Whale Fundraiser.  I'm doing this partially because I feel we as a society are entering into the end times (Matthew 6:19, do not store treasures on earth but in heaven), (Rev 3:17 Hoarding in the last days), 1 Timothy 6:17 (do good with your blessings), and therefore I feel as if I should give back my retirement account back to the orphans (or to other good causes).

Obviously, this could be done as an individual alone, but I think that if we have a chance to design this fundraiser to 'increase the impact of the deal' where it makes a positive impact for BiblePay, and also for the giver then it is better to do this as a team for biblepay than alone.

Also, I have been reaching out to two of our vendors who offer Orphan early-termination insurance, meaning that they both guarantee the orphan will not be dropped from the benefits program if we pick them up and drop them (they will be subsidized by the insurance they carry or moved to another beneficiary).  Both Compassion.com and CAMEROON ONE offer this.

As far as a personal tax deduction, I believe it will be possible to receive the deduction if you give to Cameroon One.  As they will allow the check to be sent to them, and the orphan to be in the BiblePay account.  Compassion on the other hand does not accept checks from third parties therefore the tax deduction is not possible with them.

So here is what I am thinking as a rough idea:

I ask the community for an idea of how many orphans our whales are willing to sponsor each.
I agree to match an equal amount of BBP/USD to sponsor an equal amount of orphans (IE I match the whales commitments).
BiblePay sponsors an equal amount of orphans out of that monthly superblock also.

We then increase our orphan count by 1/6th of that number (IE we adhere to our 6 month buffer).  After BiblePay can no longer afford to pay, we scale back.

So an example looks like this:

Whales 1-5 decide to sponsor 40 orphans ($1600).
Rob matches this number (40) @ $1600.
The money raised goes directly to Cameroon One and Compassion (and those that pay cameroon one receive a tax deduction receipt).
We enter a proposal for BiblePay for $1600 that month also (benefiting 40 orphans).

With this combined action, we receive total funds to sponsor 120 children / 6 months  = 20 new orphans.
That same month, we sponsor N from Cameroon and Y from Compassion (depending on how many went with Cameroon).

BiblePay assumes liability for the children at that point going forward.

Note that the whales do not receive anything back for this (except a tax deduction) and a positive experience as a cheerful giver.

Thoughts?

Also would anyone be up for this?