Bible Pay

Read 157479 times

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Re: Testnet - Test Proof of Giving
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
On a side note while I am waiting for my wallet to sync up 40+ weeks behind yet, did you know that the home page for http://pool.biblepay.org/ is blank only the side bar is populated ?
Same for me, but its only on homepage. When you click somewhere in menu it works.

• orbis

more
« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
Rob,
now I was finally able to tithe (my coinage was enough :) ) so I decided to try "spam" test.
At the begginig there was dif around 8k and mincoinage was around 9 days.
I startet to spam with tx "tithe 259" and then it changed so "tithe 254"
I was able to made 26 x 259 and 31 x 254 txs. Totally 14613 BBPs in tithe within 5 blocks.
Then it stops because I havent more "packages" with corresponding coinage :D
At the end dif is around 29,5k and mincoinage 26,9. And my weight in pool is more than 0.6 (At the beggining was near 0).
Is it OK? Someone who has enough BBP can spam like this and others wouldnt be possible to tithe.
Or am I wrong?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2019, 12:44:37 PM »
Thanks Rob that worked testnet is running now

Do you need my normal receiving  address or do you need one specific to testnet ?

normal address -  BEmj3ZHKDRTL1BfkiGZmoNbTYpCUQNbnZM

testnet address -   yNCqktHRwzyjvJ55hYdvs17USm8ZYQyDFi

Great!  Yeah I see Orbis told you about the nickname, good, I forgot, yes that will let us see you in the pogpool as madmurphy.

I just sent 2 mil.

So we put a special rule in testnet to allow you to tithe even without coin age.  Now you can send up to 10 bbp to the pool.
You can either do it from the rpc:  'tithe 10' Or, you can go to the Send Money page,  click POG Tithe, then populate the amount.

Yes, thanks for the heads up on the Pool!

Im trying to fix that right now  - its just the main page btw - so luckily its not causing errors otherwise.  Checking....

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »
Checked and now it's this balance a lot higher :D
It is around 8,2M, my balance is 8,7M, so there is still some gap, but it's a lot better.
Thanks.

I checked other new features in wallet and theyre working ;)
Nice.
  • Pogpool looks super, but maybe some highlight of my name in leaderboard would be awesome.
  • Its possible to move it from upper menu to left menu under Distributed computing? It would be more visible.
  • In send tab new captions of Pog tithe and donate are good, but on hover labels are "old" and now not actual.
  • Business object list (letters, orphans) works good, but it is slow and in prod version is it slower (more objects)
  • Letter writing from wallet is awesome. Works for me, but there wasn't option to delete uploaded picture (within writing a letter)
  • Editing letter didn't work (I dont know if it can be option to edit it, but after open to review there is ability to edit it and save button, but it doesnt works)
  • There is no option to vote for letter in wallet.
  • Time to time the width of columns in those lists is changed and Im not able to change it and I dont see anything (example in attachment).
Thats all from my first sight :D

Hi Orbis,  On the 500K gap in the balance of exec getdimensionalbalance,  the wallet (by default) avoids spending locked Sanc funds (IE the user has to manually unlock them in coin control).  So you should be within 1 bbp if you take that into account.  If you are off by more than 1 bbp, let me know and Ill explain how to turn on auditing.

Ill have to take a look at these other points - thanks.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
Rob,
now I was finally able to tithe (my coinage was enough :) ) so I decided to try "spam" test.
At the begginig there was dif around 8k and mincoinage was around 9 days.
I startet to spam with tx "tithe 259" and then it changed so "tithe 254"
I was able to made 26 x 259 and 31 x 254 txs. Totally 14613 BBPs in tithe within 5 blocks.
Then it stops because I havent more "packages" with corresponding coinage :D
At the end dif is around 29,5k and mincoinage 26,9. And my weight in pool is more than 0.6 (At the beggining was near 0).
Is it OK? Someone who has enough BBP can spam like this and others wouldnt be possible to tithe.
Or am I wrong?

I think we're OK as a lot of psychological thought has gone in.

Since we don't want to discourage legal tithes (IE a person with real coin age), as that would cause them to do sneaky things like try to create multiple wallets, and we dont want to deny legal tithes on a block switch (IE we quote a certain max tithe amount for the diff, block switches and user loses the whole tithe) - that would probably give us bad reputation, etc, I came to the conclusion that If a person has the ability to tithe it should count if they tithe it.

What will happen in prod is difficulty will shoot up (even if its 3 blocks late like in your case), and prevent everyone but the whales from tithing for a certain period.
The system is not 'broken' however, in that diff will drop as a few of the whale blocks drop off the 205 block lookback window.

So this type of thing will happen, even if we have something like this going on: lets say 8 whales took 30 days to build up enough coin age and they all mature at the same time.  That means all 8 will start auto-tithing and diff will rise.  So even though nothing nefarious was going on diff rose - another words we cant predict whats going to happen in prod at any given time whether auto or manual.

So basically the client will just react to this, and the user who did it really didnt get away with anything special, they relinquised their coin age and got into the pool - they choked out everyone else for about 12~ more blocks, then as diff drops others can get back in. 

I do think that diff could be very high in prod due to this, but also remember right now we are only using 10% of our budget since PODC is still active.  If we open the budget up diff would drop significantly.

On this subject in the opposite scenario, for a couple days in testnet my two whale nodes didnt have enough coin age to participate (RAndrews had an 80 mil balance) and couldnt get in the pool for 2 days now - and I observed low diff for a while;

So I think this situation will be similar to the cycles we see with BOINC rac, its interesting how we can observe elliott wave cycles even in apparently random sources.

• madmurphy

• January 01, 2018, 07:50:31 PM
    • Manchester, England
    more
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2019, 01:08:27 PM »
Thank you so much Rob for sending to me, I tried to send tithe but the maximum it will allow me for my level is just 1 so I did it 10 times  ;)

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
So, the daily superblock occurs every 205 blocks, but the min coin age calculation looks at the last 205 blocks? A rolling average/calculation? For some strange reason, I thought coin age would reset after the daily superblock payout.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• madmurphy

• Manchester, England
    more
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2019, 06:03:21 PM »
Sorry to be a pain again, but after working for a while testnet crashed and when I went to restart it I get the start up screen but it hangs at  "Activating best chain..."

Anyone any ideas as to what can be done ?

• madmurphy

• Manchester, England
    more
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
Ignore last post started to work now  ;)

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2019, 07:34:17 PM »
Sorry to be a pain again, but after working for a while testnet crashed and when I went to restart it I get the start up screen but it hangs at  "Activating best chain..."

Anyone any ideas as to what can be done ?

I never reported this, but I've had QT client crash (on testnet only) exactly at the same point as well several times. But restart usually fixes it like you.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #355 on: January 15, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »
Is there an idiots guide to setting the "Testnet" up, showing what exactly one has to do. I have looked at a couple of links I have seen posted in here and they make no sense to me, or they do not tell me what I need to know. Meaning how do I set up my wallet config file and things like that, I am running the latest version of the wallet on windows .1.1.8.2.

My approach is a slightly different, since I have multiple test wallets. I download the biblepaycore.exe and use 7zip to open. Then I extract the contents to a folder (e.g. bbptest1).

In Windows 10:
* right-click on biblepay-qt.exe and Pin to Start.
* Then right-click on the Pinned shortcut and select Open File Location
* right-click on the short cut and go to properties
* To the end of target add -testnet -datadir=. (e.g. biblepay-qt.exe -testnet -datadir=.)
* Go inside c:\bbptest1 and create a biblepay.conf there
* Launch the shortcut and it should run testnet every time

contents should look like this:

# addnode looks for peers as recorded by testnet.biblepay.org
# testnet=1 yes run testnet blockchain
# nickname your pog nickname
# tithe 1 is once a day (or every 4 hours in testnet)

addnode=testnet.biblepay.org
testnet=1
nickname=biblepayer
tithe=1

# if you want to mine testBBP you can add these lines to.
#
# gen 1 , yes i want to mine
# genproclimit , how many threads i want to use
# minersleep miner sleeps 99.9% of the time and mines 0.1% of the time.

gen=1
genproclimit=1
minersleep=999

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »
So we put a special rule in testnet to allow you to tithe even without coin age.  Now you can send up to 10 bbp to the pool.
You can either do it from the rpc:  'tithe 10' Or, you can go to the Send Money page,  click POG Tithe, then populate the amount.

I tried to tithe 10 from gui with Tithe Ability Qty 0. Did not work. I was able to tithe 10 in debug console.

• orbis

more
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »
I tried to tithe 10 from gui with Tithe Ability Qty 0. Did not work. I was able to tithe 10 in debug console.
same here. works only from console.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2019, 10:23:56 AM »

I forgot to mention that the special rule only allows the tithe to pass in from the RPC (if 0-10 and in testnet).

(If you do it from the GUI you have to force the donation and then it should technically count in testnet due to the rule).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »
So, the daily superblock occurs every 205 blocks, but the min coin age calculation looks at the last 205 blocks? A rolling average/calculation? For some strange reason, I thought coin age would reset after the daily superblock payout.

The POG pool uses a width of 205 blocks for tithes that are already inducted (and for payment share weight) - on a side note, to see the block width, type 'pogpool' from the rpc (start block - end block).

The Difficulty calculation uses blocks N-2 to N-42 (IE 40 blocks of history after the last 2 blocks of history) - this provides a 2 block buffer to allow clients to agree easily on the difficulty.

After a daily payment is made, nothing is reset (IE the pog pool is always seeing the prior 205 blocks).