Bible Pay

Read 3643 times

Hanalani Pool Connection issues
« on: April 08, 2023, 08:44:38 PM »
I have been getting some errors when using the Hanalani pool.  I still get accepted shares but the error occurs pretty frequently but i don't know if it is affecting anything. 

The errors are:
-read error "connection reset by peer"-
-no active pools, stop mining-

So it is a little strange.  Is it just me or is there something else going on?

Re: Hanalani Pool Connection issues
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 01:03:26 AM »
Well now it is telling me that my ip address has been banned.

Error: IP address currently banned, please check your miner, code: -1

This is the message i get on all 4 of my rigs.  Unchained is working fine for me otherwise, guess i'll use that for now.

• DeckardLain
  • Developer

• October 22, 2018, 02:50:55 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 02:32:05 PM »
Sorry, I've been busy so haven't been checking the forum.  This was affecting all miners for some time and was caused by some legacy pool code that was hammering the upstream pool and causing them to disconnect us.  I fixed it back on April 13, so that problem should be no more.

• Budinga

• January 28, 2020, 02:21:29 AM
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 09:06:55 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been getting this issue for the last 24hrs. Just says my IP is banned. In fact I cant connect to the unchained pool either.

Donation mining is working though.

• DeckardLain
  • Developer

more
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 12:55:21 PM »
Sorry everyone, I'm not sure exactly what's happening, other than it looks like the pool is getting banned by the XMR pool.  I don't have time right now to do in-depth troubleshooting, and the last time I tried emailing them, I never got a response.  The only guess I have is that a (possibly malicious or unintentional) miner is doing something to cause this ban from SupportXMR (on both Foundation and Hanalani pool), because our (Hanalani's) miners have moved to an internal private pool, and it's working fine.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 01:56:03 AM »
All of the pools have been having this issue for about a week now, at least from what I have seen.  I know this was just for the Hanalani pool at first but to have unchained AND miningpool.fun down as well for extended periods does not bode well for community confidence.  Add to that, Hanalani is now a "private" pool doesn't look good for decentralization either. 

Are these problems related to the new fork happening in the next month?  Why wasn't there a post mentioning a date that the pools would be retired? Are we not allowed to mine until the fork? It could be because of the XMR pool bans but there has been no other communication about this.  Lots of questions.

• DeckardLain
  • Developer

more
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 06:21:58 PM »
At one point, I did bring up with Rob my concern about BBP mining currently being reliant on an XMR pool for issuing jobs, but his response was that solo miners would continue the chain even if the XMR pool(s) are down.  I currently don't have the time or technical expertise to start up our own XMR pool or figure out how to get the BBP pool to create BBP-only mining jobs, so all I can do now is keep our miners mining and wait for help.

I'm aware of changes that Rob was planning to make to mining, but I know very little detail and nothing about the timing, so I can't really speak to that.  As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed yet that would cause these current pool problems.