Bible Pay

Read 52050 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: February 2021 Testnet Thread (Tribulation)
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 08:22:02 AM »
Yeah it came up to 1 meter snow during 24 hours. But i got  a old massey ferguson 165 just to remove snow with..

On another note.

I did the setup on Thunderbird, first i had test wallet locked and i did get a message saying something like " Unpaid Biblepay bla bla bla" 

Then i unlocked test wallet and it looks like it works.
Let me know if you got the email.
Yeah, thats a lot.  I recently bought a little pellet furnace for the bedroom and I had to vent it out with a stove pipe for emergency purposes (in case the electric is out for a month etc).

Anyway yes I got your e-mail!  Cool, I replied.

Ill post some more test cases also.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »
Yeah, thats a lot.  I recently bought a little pellet furnace for the bedroom and I had to vent it out with a stove pipe for emergency purposes (in case the electric is out for a month etc).

Anyway yes I got your e-mail!  Cool, I replied.

Ill post some more test cases also.

Pellet burners are really handy, and if you can buy pellets in bulk can get nice prices aswell , less hassle then getting logs , chopping them up  drying etcetra even tho wood  has its good cenarios aswell.

Yeah i have been thinking of getting one of those pellet burners with attached stirling engine and going off grid with solar panels, wind turbines and the stirling engine for electricity.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »
Gospel Ideas for BiblePay:

These are wishlist items that I just thought of (due to working on something on the side sort of related):

Key Bible Verse Memorizer:  Load biblepay with the key verses that "bible thumpers" refer to.  Make a page that pulls up a random set and trains a person.  If they want to go into review mode, it will then ask for the corresponding Chapter-Verse when given only the verse text.  Or in learn mode, they see everything with a next and back button.

Bible Certification Tests: 
Load test material in the chain.  From a menu, allow choosing the test.  Again, a Learn mode and Review mode.  In Review mode they can see the answers.  Passing for example, a set of certification tests on a given subject would result in being "certified" in that area.  Maybe we can print out a PDF certification in the future.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
Pellet burners are really handy, and if you can buy pellets in bulk can get nice prices aswell , less hassle then getting logs , chopping them up  drying etcetra even tho wood  has its good cenarios aswell.

Yeah i have been thinking of getting one of those pellet burners with attached stirling engine and going off grid with solar panels, wind turbines and the stirling engine for electricity.
Yeah, I have a couple pellet burner grills but you really have to keep the rain out of them.  Ive been keeping them in case of the tribulation simply cause they only take 125 watts to run and the pellets do the rest.  Yeah I hear you on solar panels.  I did a little study about 6 months ago on diesel generators vs solar panels.  What was shocking that I found, is its actually more expensive over a very short period of time to keep either gas or diesel in any big qty.  For example if you wanted to run your house for even a month you would need a 1000 gallon diesel tank, and diesel goes bad after a while etc.  In my area we can buy 250 watt solar panels for $75 each.  I decided to just make my own grid in my spare time with solar as the payoff just goes on and on over time.

You can probably find similar deals in Sweden on ebay.

For water I bought one of those atmospheric water generators, but I actually havent even tested it yet.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2021, 10:15:31 AM »
1.5.3.4 - Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Fix incomplete SMTP protocol code, and incomplete POP3 code.  Ensure email with invalid Recipients bounces back.  Delete emails older than 1 day on the hard drive in ~/.biblepay/SAN/email*.
- Disable sidechain sync and number of blocks.

MacOS version also available.

I am a bit busy today, I will try to test this version tonight.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
** Another Test case - Encrypted Chat **

I have a lot going on today so it might be very hard to get me at a particular time unless we set up a specific time, but you guys can always test this with each other.

I will be available between 10:30 AM CST 1-13-2021 through 1:00 PM CST if anyone wants to try to "page" me.

The test plan is to click Chat | Private Message Encrypted.  Then type the name of the target individual - for example I am "foundation".

Then we can send a few messages back and forth.  If you have two biblepay clients and two user records, you can also try chatting with yourself but you would need two wallet.dat's and two user records.

Note: In order to test this your nickname must already be saved (by creating a user record).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 12:05:30 PM »
I tested the encrypted chat on 2 systems.
On main system it looks fine, can see both conversations but on the other system i get a error.
I will send with screenshot Rob.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
I tested the encrypted chat on 2 systems.
On main system it looks fine, can see both conversations but on the other system i get a error.
I will send with screenshot Rob.

Now after i  posted, maybe five minutes  i tried send again in same opened chat and now it works i see new messages with no error.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
Now after i  posted, maybe five minutes  i tried send again in same opened chat and now it works i see new messages with no error.

Great, well I did see the pic btw, and that "might" be normal -- first the RSA key must have been at least 5 deep in the chain on both systems before testing (as its possible the second window didnt have access to the users RSA pubkey).
Other than that, also, its possible that both clients had to be "on" for more than a few minutes to memorize the user records.

If you get a chance can you check again and see if you can exploit it on a warm system?

Also I did reply to your e-mail with a picture of skies attached, did u get?  Also please reply to that one.

I found a bug in e-mail but I dont think it is necessary to release yet until we have more bugs to fix, plus I think we can still continue testing the e-mail even with the bug.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
So hopefully, everyone here may potentially agree with the vision for UTXO mining.

It obviously needs an in depth explanation and wiki page.

On a side note, its a pity that Biblepay hasn't appealed to a broad range of Christians yet.  We've not only not scratched the surface but we haven't even scratched the wax on the surface.  We only need 3BTC of crypto buyers on SX to put our ticker back on track for free-floating.  Its a real shame to start out in the hole on anything.  So that is prayer #1 - Im praying that God sends a few mystery buyers to buy up the latent coins on SX to start us off with a 'square' start.

Anyway, the idea with UTXO mining is for us to sort of act as a cryptocurrency with return on investment for holding the currencies, similar to a CD in a bank, but for multiple homogenized coins:  BTC+BBP, DASH+BBP, or BBP (to start).

The leaderboard is replaced with Stakers instead of PODC miners.  The entire daily GSC reward is split among the stakers (except for the 5% that goes to healing - I left that in).

This means the ROI is very large at first, until of course it gets arbed down to earth from many stakers. 

The main appeal to this is we have about 500 million distinct users across the two tickers who could become biblepay stakers.  They can earn returns on their native currencies plus either or BBP.

Take a look at the leaderboard and once you are in, you can double click to see your positions.

For now one very easy way to get started is to click : Send Money, check UTXO Stake, and pick an amount.
This stakes one with BBP only.
After it is 3 deep in the chain, the leaderboard should update.

We also have the 'utxostake' command for the more advanced stakes: BTC or DASH.

EDIT: Maybe we can add ETHER+BBP stakes also, soon.

The Sanctuaries are the oracles-- they make calls to assess the utxos as they assess the blocks.

PS 2:  Remember the concepts related to 'portfolio mining', 'long portfolio positions', and interest rate marketplace.  This is all, I believe fulfilled, with UTXO mining.  We may want to create a better name that is user friendly, for the position manager.  This is one thing that has not been done with biblepay yet:  making it user friendly.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:41:41 PM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 06:27:08 AM »
Great, well I did see the pic btw, and that "might" be normal -- first the RSA key must have been at least 5 deep in the chain on both systems before testing (as its possible the second window didnt have access to the users RSA pubkey).
Other than that, also, its possible that both clients had to be "on" for more than a few minutes to memorize the user records.

If you get a chance can you check again and see if you can exploit it on a warm system?

Also I did reply to your e-mail with a picture of skies attached, did u get?  Also please reply to that one.

I found a bug in e-mail but I dont think it is necessary to release yet until we have more bugs to fix, plus I think we can still continue testing the e-mail even with the bug.

Hey Rob.

I have not got the email that you sent me.  But i see now when i try refresh "get messages" in the upper left of Thunderbird i get this message "connection to server localhost was reset". Yesterday i could send mail to myself atleast
Gonna reboot and see if anything happens.

Yeah so i did retry between the systems now again and i did not get any more error messages, first test i waited 5 minutes to see if get any errors but it was all good.
Tested several times and got no more errors.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2021, 06:46:18 AM »
Update: After reboot of machine it seems Thunderbird is all good, did send email to myself but i still dont see any inbox message from you Rob.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »
Update: After reboot of machine it seems Thunderbird is all good, did send email to myself but i still dont see any inbox message from you Rob.
So I just remembered, we put a time limit of 24 hours on the 'age' of each email (to reduce drive space usage) in the last version.  Ill have to increase that to at least 30 days during the next release for easier testing.  (Actually the whole reason I lowered it was to ensure the cleaner was working.  Now I suppose we can just put it back at 30 during the next release).

Give me a minute and Ill send a new one.

EDIT:  Ok, cool, I got your second message and I sent you one of skies!

EDIT2:  Oh actually, the 'connection reset' is the bug I mentioned; looks like you probably will need the next version (not ready yet) -- to continue testing email.  You might be able to get my last message (the one < 24 hrs) by restarting the biblepay core client though.  Although that kind of equates to hobbled down testing but its probably better than no testing in the mean time.

EDIT3:  Very good on the RSA keys!  Great (that is on the encrypted chat testing)! Cool.   So I want everyone to know that the decentralized pop3 is still not using RSA keys - that needs a tiny enhancement added then "enabled".  (To clarify, Chat is using encryption, and pop3/smtp is NOT yet using encryption).  Before I do that, let me try to test 'multiple recipients'  -  I have no idea what happens if I send an email to both you and me.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:17:39 AM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2021, 10:48:51 AM »
So hopefully, everyone here may potentially agree with the vision for UTXO mining.

It obviously needs an in depth explanation and wiki page.

On a side note, its a pity that Biblepay hasn't appealed to a broad range of Christians yet.  We've not only not scratched the surface but we haven't even scratched the wax on the surface.  We only need 3BTC of crypto buyers on SX to put our ticker back on track for free-floating.  Its a real shame to start out in the hole on anything.  So that is prayer #1 - Im praying that God sends a few mystery buyers to buy up the latent coins on SX to start us off with a 'square' start.

Anyway, the idea with UTXO mining is for us to sort of act as a cryptocurrency with return on investment for holding the currencies, similar to a CD in a bank, but for multiple homogenized coins:  BTC+BBP, DASH+BBP, or BBP (to start).

The leaderboard is replaced with Stakers instead of PODC miners.  The entire daily GSC reward is split among the stakers (except for the 5% that goes to healing - I left that in).

This means the ROI is very large at first, until of course it gets arbed down to earth from many stakers. 

The main appeal to this is we have about 500 million distinct users across the two tickers who could become biblepay stakers.  They can earn returns on their native currencies plus either or BBP.

Take a look at the leaderboard and once you are in, you can double click to see your positions.

For now one very easy way to get started is to click : Send Money, check UTXO Stake, and pick an amount.
After it is 3 deep in the chain, the leaderboard should update.

We also have the 'utxostake' command for the more advanced stakes: BTC or DASH.

EDIT: Maybe we can add ETHER+BBP stakes also, soon.

The Sanctuaries are the oracles-- they make calls to assess the utxos as they assess the blocks.

PS 2:  Remember the concepts related to 'portfolio mining', 'long portfolio positions', and interest rate marketplace.  This is all, I believe fulfilled, with UTXO mining.  We may want to create a better name that is user friendly, for the position manager.  This is one thing that has not been done with biblepay yet:  making it user friendly.

For sure i think its part of the future. Looking at diffrent blockchains many are going proof of stake like ethereum, others are hybrid  pow/pos.
But it seems to me that pos  are getting more and more attention/adoption not just because of Ethereum but other top ranked blockchains.

So i tested the  send UTXO stake button, btw i think it looks sweet with the simplicity of the just check the box and you get the adress , same with the tithe and donation adress.

Anyhow as i said i tested it but it didnt work i got this message saying  "cant find any biblepay in 24h"  i send with screenshot.   

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2021, 01:02:23 PM »
Anyhow as i said i tested it but it didnt work i got this message saying  "cant find any biblepay in 24h"  i send with screenshot.   

Good comments.  First I want to clarify however, that I dont want to simply push proof-of-stake now over proof-of-work.
As a lot of truth I think exists in the argument that since it costs a lot of energy to mint a coin with POW, therefore each currency unit holds more value.
What Im really wanting to do, is make BBP into a portfolio manager, that rewards you for holding 'long crypto positions' that are mixed with BBP.  So our value would appeal to a lot more people than just our intrinsic community size (theoretically).  MIP and I were talking about an interest rate marketplace for a little while (similar to DEFI products) but later I started to think that we could 'mine' the interest by giving the block reward to the utxo stake list (this makes it more sustainable, in that we dont inflate our money supply with this idea).

Anyway, one of the rules to prevent gaming the system is the BBP stake has to be more than 24 hours old.  This is because you actually get the mining reward for the block if you stake a BBP stake.  Do you need more BBP so you can have more that ages?  I can send you some if you give me the address.

We have an old command in there called 'exec bankroll'.  That lets you make up some denoms in your wallet.  For example, exec bankroll 50 500000 makes fifty 500K bills.  Then we can test more stake qty without losing our wallet.dat tx's.

PS:  Just to clarify what supposedly happens when you click UTXO Stake:  If you have a tx older than 24 hours that is between 10K and 10MM, and you click Send, we lock that UTXO (you don't lose it), we send a UTXO transaction back to you, and you actually win the next block reward also.  If there are more than one in a block, the lowest block UTXO staker by hash gets the reward.  So its partially replacing mining, but we still have RX for non-stake blocks.  If you use the command line and stake a Dash-BBP, you can also win the block reward.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:10:06 PM by Rob Andrews »