Bible Pay

Read 9426 times

• noxpost

• April 10, 2018, 07:24:15 AM
    more
Whitepaper update
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
I decided to take a stab at making us a slightly more complete, professional-looking whitepaper. It's been reviewed by Rob, Jaapgvk, and Togoshigekata and shared on the Bitcointalk forum where it has been well-received. In addition to adding some better layout and design, some additional sections were created - ther's now a market opportunity section (which includes some supporting stats and outside references), as well as a BiblePay one-pager and a roadmap visualization.

I'm happy to do some minor modifications/etc in the future without a new proposal.

I will of course give the PDF & MS Word versions to the reviewers mentioned above, as they seem to be in charge of most places the whitepaper might be found (Reddit forums, website, etc). If there's anywhere else it should be posted and I can do it, I'll post it myself at the request of the community. If there's anywhere I CAN'T, then I'll hand it over to someone who can. This proposal is really just about the creation of it, but obviously there's not much value without some distribution.

All images used are royalty-free stock images which are also cleared for commercial use
The whitepaper can be seen here with all feedback incorporated:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xndlt3HWTWUhZKTql3ajPFItuEUaTkJw

Now in terms of the time/value, I'm trying to keep the hourly rate to something that puts the cost within reason, but between research, writing, layout/design, and image sourcing, it definitely took a fair chunk of time. I feel that 20 hours is definitely on the low end of what I spent, but I really wanted to cap the value of this thing, so that's what I went with.

Funding Math

1 BBP = .002309 (Apr 10 2018, CoinMarketCap)
Rate of $25/hr (tech writing/layout should be reasonably cheap)
20 Hours
===
216543 BBP

- I suspect this should come out of the PR budget, and will submit accordingly.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: Whitepaper update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
Fantastic work! You have my vote!

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »
Yes, I would create this proposal under PR.

I have a minor suggestion for the whitepaper. In the introduction, you use the word 'revolutionary' twice: 'revolutionary approach' and 'revolutionary technology'. While it's a good use of the world, I think it losses a bit of power if you use it two times in short succession.

So maybe I'd use 'novel approach' and 'revolutionary technology' or something like that.

Also, maybe it would be nice to have a more in-depth explanation of PODC? Don't know it it's a requirement for the whitepaper, but I could try and help with that if you'd like?

Aside from that, upon my second reading I'm still very enthusiastic about it, and you surely have my vote ;)

• noxpost

more
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:08:28 PM »
Good catch on "revolutionary" - updated as per the suggestion. Man, I feel like I read through this thing so many times...good to have someone who is a step removed read through it. Thanks again :)

As for the PODC explanation, I actually considered a page on that, but was worried that I was reproducing the whole wiki in whitepaper form, and that it might still be under a bit of change (things like inter-project weighting, for instance). My thought is to wait a bit on this and maybe add it in once things settle down, but I'm happy to hear what others think.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:10:38 PM by noxpost »

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:54 AM »
Good catch on "revolutionary" - updated as per the suggestion. Man, I feel like I read through this thing so many times...good to have someone who is a step removed read through it. Thanks again :)

As for the PODC explanation, I actually considered a page on that, but was worried that I was reproducing the whole wiki in whitepaper form, and that it might still be under a bit of change (things like inter-project weighting, for instance). My thought is to wait a bit on this and maybe add it in once things settle down, but I'm happy to hear what others think.

You're welcome. You can become selectively blind to your own work after a while in my experience :)

About PODC: yeah, probably better to wait till we have the WCG weighting. But I think that the rest of the PODC is working as intended.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
really impressed by the visuals.

with the road map, it wasn't clear to me various status projects. inwards is more completion? maybe white can be green to show progress. more green, more progress... the legend "estimation of maturation vs probable manifestation range" was not helpful to me. very words without telling me project status.

also citation is at the end of the white paper but is not linked. might you provide anchor links within the document to those citation links at the end? any statistics, if you could provide the links within the web site itself. also consider using web archive to save the snapshot of the page and link to that so you don't have to deal with link rot later on.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:49:27 PM by LifeThruGrace »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
Hi Nox, Will vote yes!
Is it finalised now? then we can add it to website + go out and promote with this beautiful thing!

• noxpost

more
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 09:12:11 AM »
So I have completed what I believe is a "final for now" version of the whitepaper. I've added in a page on PODC and one on security details.

The link to the PDF is still here:

I think we should get this moved over to our official website sooner rather than later though. We can always make subsequent changes as necessary.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
So I have completed what I believe is a "final for now" version of the whitepaper. I've added in a page on PODC and one on security details.

The link to the PDF is still here:

I think we should get this moved over to our official website sooner rather than later though. We can always make subsequent changes as necessary.

Yes! Let's get it up there ASAP. Thomas already knows that it's ready to be uploaded, so it shouldn't take long :)

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
QIEX has requested for the original source of the white paper, so they can convert it to Chinese,
Could you share the original source? (Im a noob, I assume the pdf file started as a word doc?) Thanks!

(This would also help us be able to convert it to all the other languages as well)

• noxpost

more
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
QIEX has requested for the original source of the white paper, so they can convert it to Chinese,
Could you share the original source? (Im a noob, I assume the pdf file started as a word doc?) Thanks!

(This would also help us be able to convert it to all the other languages as well)

I've linked here both versions of the document in .docx (the blue/silver and the red/gold). The content should match...anyone who wants to make further amendments, please feel free. This belongs to the community, not me!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1znJjr1TJNpmPZ6byWCeRW7l6wIwGkNaN

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 06:48:30 AM »
I was reading through the whitepaper, I noticed on page 8, Basic Characteristics,
Go-Live Date is set as June 30, 2017, I believe BiblePay was launched July 23rd, 2017

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.0
"July 23, 2017, 03:45:24 PM"

Sorry I missed this!