Bible Pay

Read 220429 times

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #480 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
Alex your work on the Explorer has been AWESOME! Love what youre doing, puts my explorer to shame :P

I did notice your BTC C-CEX price got stuck
I could never get the Markets tab to work consistently, mine only works like 1/10th the time (whats your secret?)

« Reply #481 on: December 06, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »
Oh c-cex modified something so I had to rewrite that part a little bit to not throw an error if it wasn't getting the data.

I actually just noticed they modified something else that's what it wasn't updating . I *hopefully* fixed it but I need the rest of the api calls to get out of the maintenance to see if it worked.

I won't maintain that function in the new BX and just get the price from coinmarketcap if I need it.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #482 on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »
Just checking in - looks like everything is looking pretty good for the go live.
We beat our record, weve been in sync and masternode list up for 4+ days now.
The windows node has stayed in sync and MN list agreed with Nix node ever since I deleted those old .dat files!

I added a fake proposal yesterday and it looks like pool paid the necessary 5BBP to make it Live although noone voted on it yet, but I anticipate that to work for us.

Has anyone any consternations or last minute concerns?  Im actually going to have to notify CCEX soon to give them a 2 week notice to upgrade, start finalizing changes and things for our mandatory.

I believe the Amazon in-wallet product feature is going to go live also (for the US only) at Christmas.  That should be interesting.

On a side note, Im going to downplay the retirement accounts.  They will emit coins, but Im not sure how well we can support that feature.  Im a little nervous to go down the path of creating a trading infrastructure for them.  I might make a feature that allows you to trade your rBBP back into BBP (at the internal satoshi exercise rate) in the wallet.  Im thinking my efforts on Stratis may be more beneficial for us right now than to monkey with supporting a new in-wallet exchange.

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #483 on: December 08, 2017, 03:27:05 AM »
thanks for your time Rob ...

is any solution why masternode crashed to NEW START REQUIRED? im wrote more topics about it on DASH and ppl got still this problems,every day checking their masternodes....it can be nervous still checking if something is running ....
1MN working stable 4+days and 1 go to that start req: so i start MN from controller and run watchman ...

andy idea? thanks

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
Hi Alex,
Not sure if you saw this post from Slovakia on the main thread, something to the extent of he believes the pool is stealing peoples blocks by hiding the blocks found, but it made me think of a potential enhancement to your BX.

If you label the MinersOfMen address and the Pool with pool.biblepay.org, then could you potentially make a "Coins Mined in Last 24 hours" metric and put it somewhere? Somewhere that is not hit every time, or, maybe you could cache it and put it right under the address in the richlist?  Another words whatever is convenient for you. (You can do exec getsubsidy height for nTip to nTip-202 when you call it then sum it and cache it for an hour).

Then we could have whoever reads it compare it to pool.biblepay.org coins mined on about page, and know they agree.

Then after that, all we have to worry about is why do we have 65% of the blocks solo mined?  Thats another important project.  Is there any way to see if the non pool blocks are going to random addresses? 

I have an idea that could thwart a botnet, but it needs to be tested in testnet.  I was thinking, if we took an element of proof-of-stake, Spending money to stake, and added it into POW, and required each miner to stake 1BBP while mining, it would make it almost impossible to not CPU mine (as the 1 bbp at stake would need to be added to the block).  Then we would need to require the 1BBP tx to never be older than say 60 seconds, so as to thwart any GPU or asic.  The problem is getadjustedtime() can be skewed up to 15 mins.  This is still a tough issue to solve.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #485 on: December 08, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »
thanks for your time Rob ...

is any solution why masternode crashed to NEW START REQUIRED? im wrote more topics about it on DASH and ppl got still this problems,every day checking their masternodes....it can be nervous still checking if something is running ....
1MN working stable 4+days and 1 go to that start req: so i start MN from controller and run watchman ...
andy idea? thanks
It looks like NEW_START_REQUIRED is triggered if your node fails the POSE test.  That means it either fails to vote within 24 hours for itself, gets ddossed, loses its static IP or crashes.  Then the other nodes vote to boot your node from the team and requires a restart by the owner of the sanctuary to get back "in" the payment queue.  You lose payments until you restart the node - from the controller - not from the node.

« Reply #486 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Hi Alex,
Not sure if you saw this post from Slovakia on the main thread, something to the extent of he believes the pool is stealing peoples blocks by hiding the blocks found, but it made me think of a potential enhancement to your BX.

If you label the MinersOfMen address and the Pool with pool.biblepay.org, then could you potentially make a "Coins Mined in Last 24 hours" metric and put it somewhere? Somewhere that is not hit every time, or, maybe you could cache it and put it right under the address in the richlist?  Another words whatever is convenient for you. (You can do exec getsubsidy height for nTip to nTip-202 when you call it then sum it and cache it for an hour).

Then we could have whoever reads it compare it to pool.biblepay.org coins mined on about page, and know they agree.

Then after that, all we have to worry about is why do we have 65% of the blocks solo mined?  Thats another important project.  Is there any way to see if the non pool blocks are going to random addresses? 

I have an idea that could thwart a botnet, but it needs to be tested in testnet.  I was thinking, if we took an element of proof-of-stake, Spending money to stake, and added it into POW, and required each miner to stake 1BBP while mining, it would make it almost impossible to not CPU mine (as the 1 bbp at stake would need to be added to the block).  Then we would need to require the 1BBP tx to never be older than say 60 seconds, so as to thwart any GPU or asic.  The problem is getadjustedtime() can be skewed up to 15 mins.  This is still a tough issue to solve.

I will add something like that to my list.

I think the block solo mined are probably mined by big miners that:
1) create an account and configure all their miners to point to the pool
2) maybe have a loss of hash power because of the connection between the pool and their miners (I'm guessing it could make a difference at large scale)
3) pay the pool fees
4) have a botnet and don't want to mine on the pool for the reasons above!

I also updated the testing BX with a "preview" of what I'm doing. It's all still very early.

Edit: Reimage is taking longer than expected but should be available soon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:08:30 AM by Alex »

• klondike

more
« Reply #487 on: December 08, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
hm----- im using weak VPS for testing,may be because of ... on VULTR will be stable i hope
explorer changed GH to MH?
hm..... so its HPS2 or HPS1?

now is 72 000 000 HPS2? 1core gives .ca 5000 hps2= 72M/5khs=14400 1cores is 100% of site? or

and im talked with Slovakia and he got true....now is network all day around 72MH/s  Diff=10 000  and rewards is very bad..... we had double rewards on this Diff .. what is bad?

if will be exists botnet on solo mining, all is gone,nobody after new year will be mining bbp=not rentabile, pool died with this botnet=china guys
main idea for all is SUPPORT CHILDREN it will be sad if miners leave and botnet/china will be flourish to the detriment BIBLEPOOL

amen
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:13:56 AM by klondike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #488 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
I will add something like that to my list.

I think the block solo mined are probably mined by big miners that:
1) create an account and configure all their miners to point to the pool
2) maybe have a loss of hash power because of the connection between the pool and their miners (I'm guessing it could make a difference at large scale)
3) pay the pool fees
4) have a botnet and don't want to mine on the pool for the reasons above!

I also updated the testing BX with a "preview" of what I'm doing. It's all still very early.

Edit: Reimage is taking longer than expected but should be available soon.

Right, Im with you, I can imagine someone who has 50 servers, who pointed to the pool and then dont maintain those boxes and they all keep solo mining.

Note : I do want to say, the pool scans back 11 blocks after every block just to make sure someone didnt solve a back block.  So the pool goes back and backpays for every block paid to it.

If you have a botnet, and you fall out of the pool those actually start getting signed by You.  So pool never keeps a block not its own.

« Reply #489 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »
The explorer network hash rate is not reliable. It's something that is on the list. I removed it the meantime.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #490 on: December 08, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
hm----- im using weak VPS for testing,may be because of ... on VULTR will be stable i hope
explorer changed GH to MH?
hm..... so its HPS2 or HPS1?

now is 72 000 000 HPS2? 1core gives .ca 5000 hps2= 72M/5khs=14400 1cores is 100% of site? or

and im talked with Slovakia and he got true....now is network all day around 72MH/s  Diff=10 000  and rewards is very bad..... we had double rewards on this Diff .. what is bad?

if will be exists botnet on solo mining, all is gone,nobody after new year will be mining bbp=not rentabile, pool died with this botnet=china guys

Dont refer to the total HPS in testnet, its just a sum of how much Chain Diff went into the last 100 blocks.
Pay more attention to the comparable getmininginfo HPS achieved by each processor on testnet.
This f8000 algo is slower and harder to solve than f7000, but not subject to the node mutex.

If you guys like the HPS per processor and OS flavor in testnet, it will succeed very strongly in Prod.

« Reply #491 on: December 08, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
I guess better late than never. The "preview" is now live on https://testnet.biblepay-explorer.org

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2017, 10:54:49 AM »
I guess better late than never. The "preview" is now live on https://testnet.biblepay-explorer.org

Wow man, I love the idea of linking new proposals in there.  That will be awesome for sanctuaries!  Between the pool and BX, we almost have what Dash Central has.  I guess if we force new proposals into a certain thread, you can always pick them up.

I noticed the popup reftagger no longer works, did u remove that?

Its nice.  I think 1 px font size increase might be nice for the main page.  Any chance of our new logo going in?

« Reply #493 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »
Yup I removed it for now. I will just directly provide a link to the scripture if you click on a verse.

The css is def temporary and unfinished. I just needed something to test things. I increased the font size of the verses on the main page though! (prob need to clear your cache to see the difference)

As long as it has an API to let me grab the proposals I'm fine with anything (this forum or another website)

I was actually on my way to maybe totally rewrite it using socket.io but I guess ajax is good enough for now!

I still have a few more functions to add before eventually focusing on the appearance on the website.

Edit: Oh for what it's worth, I also added some cool api calls such as:
https://testnet.biblepay-explorer.org/ext/getverses/54798c78811d466a6dd29144f6bc82838068049fcf4680e05e06709287f1649e

Edit2: reindexing the db so the link above may not work until the block is back in the db.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:40:29 AM by Alex »

• klondike

more
« Reply #494 on: December 08, 2017, 01:13:22 PM »
Alex your testnet is on bad chain  ;)

and when i click on my 2 MN wallets i see error

yW3UTp2qhNLoHJfnTP57jkgJ7RHzQYtBTH
yfyTLmXcnn1hXvWBGbKCz4QkRobJiUDeAt
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:25:53 PM by klondike »