Bible Pay

Read 4450 times

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more

Any thought on voting with BBP on proposals even though we do not own masternodes? SmartCash lets your vote on proposals with your current balance. whether you have masternode or staking for PoDC, you get equal vote.

Or less controversial.. the ability to vote on polls like GridCoin that is not financial (charity, it, pr, etc). It would make poll voting in the QT wallet rather than this forum. This would allow greater participation
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Any thought on voting with BBP on proposals even though we do not own masternodes? SmartCash lets your vote on proposals with your current balance. whether you have masternode or staking for PoDC, you get equal vote.

Or less controversial.. the ability to vote on polls like GridCoin that is not financial (charity, it, pr, etc). It would make poll voting in the QT wallet rather than this forum. This would allow greater participation

I like the idea to replace web polls.  It forces our voters to vote with their balance and eliminates the possibility of fraud in the poll (IE new users coming in at the last minute to the web site with fake accounts).

I dont think we would suggest using the feature to replace sanctuary decisions however; the sancs have a strong investment in the coin and have the right to steer the coin for the major decisions.

But the feature could be used for every other community poll, and, for pre-proposal discussion.  Its important the sanctuaries take heed of the popular vote and that popular vote could sway a sancs decision.

Implementation:

So one way we could accomplish this, since anyone can currently enter a proposal, that means we already have the ability for a Vote to be entered.
We could extend the capability of the voting on objects to non-sanctuary votes, but put those in a separate column.
So we would have the Sanctuary vote and the Popular vote.  Then the outcome would still be based on the sanc vote, but the popular vote could be seen and used as a guide for the sancs.

One other change I would like to make, but this can be a separate phase, is the ability for multiple choice voting.  For example when we have "Which currency name do you like : dac,dec,coin,biblepay,other' - it would be nice to have the ability to tally the individual response (rather than creating 4 different polls for this poll).  However this of course is a major change, so I think this would need to be treated as phase 2 (if we have the resources to schedule this as a change).

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:13:27 AM by Rob Andrews »