Read 46982 times

• Pat Buckley
  • Developer

• February 22, 2021, 02:15:12 PM
    more
Re: June 2021 Release - Harvest - TestNet Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »
Hi Rob,

Have downloaded the new Testnet update with the portfolio builder and staked some test BBP, the Crypto Index is looking good, and the staking UI looks fairly simple, will download the Trust wallet and test some more....

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2021, 02:11:20 PM »
Hi Rob,

Have downloaded the new Testnet update with the portfolio builder and staked some test BBP, the Crypto Index is looking good, and the staking UI looks fairly simple, will download the Trust wallet and test some more....

Thanks bro. Pat.

Yes, hopefully this will gain us more than 10,000 users this time.

Also, the ROI for this feature should be much higher when we get to prod, because of the block subsidy diversions in this next version (on a side note, our emission level does not change, of course).

If I were to guess I think prod will be about 24% ROI, and that should attract more users.
Also, Im making a todo item called a 'founders bonus'.  Im going to offer 'founders codes' to new users that add on a bonus ROI out of my account.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 03:53:55 PM by Rob Andrews »

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
Hey, real quick, how do you update the testnet wallet to the correct version? I definitely want to test this out!
May God bless,
twinkle

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »
Hey, real quick, how do you update the testnet wallet to the correct version? I definitely want to test this out!
May God bless,
twinkle

Hi Bro Twinkle,
To update testnet you simply install the new windows download on top of the old one, then run it.

Let me explain a little more about my home computer setup - this is just a hint if you want to copy it:
Since I have bbp mainnet on my windows box and ALSO bbp windows develop (testnet), I did this:
I installed mainnet in the default app dir (c:\program files\biblepay).
However, every time I install develop, I change the [installer wizard default installation] path to:
c:\program files\biblepaydevelop

Then when I launch it I go to the command prompt and cd c:\program files\biblepaydevelop
biblepay-qt -testnet=1

On another side note, windows does have a "testnet shortcut icon" you can click to launch it.

Anyway after the installer overwrites the old binary location it will simply work and you will see the higher version in tools | info.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2021, 09:13:26 AM »
1) Reminder:  I don't believe anyone tested Greeting Card CSV's yet.

2) I've been working with Todd from Cameroon on testing our first orphan NFT (Grace).
So far so good.  We found that need a notification from the marketplace to you as a user to notify you that you sponsored a child.

So I recently implemented an e-mail notification to the buyer to let you know you "bought" an NFT or "sponsored" a child.
Feel free to test that, please buy an nft and see if you receive the correct e-mail?

• Pat Buckley
  • Developer

more
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2021, 12:09:26 PM »
Hi Rob,

Created a csv file for a Christmas Card, accepted the card, then sent the from address and clicked send....

Error message....insufficient funds. Unable to Create Transaction....

There is enough tBBP funds in the Testnet account

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2021, 03:26:22 PM »
Hi Rob,

Created a csv file for a Christmas Card, accepted the card, then sent the from address and clicked send....

Error message....insufficient funds. Unable to Create Transaction....

There is enough tBBP funds in the Testnet account

Can you please take a screenshot of what is on your greeing card page (with the exact amount you have populated in the virtual gift card amount), and also paste the error message text?
Also can you attach the CSV file, then I can reproduce the entire thing?

Thanks.

EDIT:  I just did one and it worked for me - will also need to know how many went through and the status of each one.
Also let me know if you can send funds without any errors, here is my address try sending me a normal amount (not  a  card, but just a normal payment) to ensure your wallet works:
yPrVdc1kFTC19Hx4NMnwEeLFifToUcQGMs

EDIT II:  Also, there is very high chance there is an error in the log for this - could you try it again and then look in the debug.log for the error, most likely 'unable to create transaction: blah blah'.  Or if you still have the old log, you can scan it.  Its located in ~/.biblepay/testnet3/debug.log

EDIT III:  Check your coin control, its possible all your coins are locked in stakes?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:58:25 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Pat Buckley
  • Developer

more
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2021, 04:38:24 PM »

Successful csv file accepted ... This might be a good marketing idea for churches...

They could send Christmas, Easter, etc. cards to their  congregations as a good will gesture and offer them free BBP coins as a gift from the church..

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »
Successful csv file accepted ... This might be a good marketing idea for churches...

They could send Christmas, Easter, etc. cards to their  congregations as a good will gesture and offer them free BBP coins as a gift from the church..

Great!
Yeah, thats a good idea.  We have it pretty close to opensource too so when it goes into github our community can also add more card types.
(Its an html page for the background of the card and css for the font).

Im definitely going to use it for Christmas.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2021, 12:28:10 PM »
Evenin Rob.

I noticed new version 1.6.1.9  is out for testing.
Sweet! I will do the test cases tonight.
Downloaded and synced the new  version with no problems.
I saw my testnet sanc is pose banned, its still on 1.6.1.4 , suppose upgrade mandatory for sancs aswell?

Anyhow will get to testing the diffrent  scenarios now.

On the csv bulk i tested with 6  and 4 adresses i get so far as to all the confirmation windows , confirming the adress 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 etc etc
but after that nothing happends, i just click on the last ok and nothing seems to happen.

Looking in the debug log i got this information:

Code: [Select]
ImportGreetingCards - Imported 6 LinesCalculateAPM::Result==1.000000::LastHeight 95550 Price 0.010000000000, Current Price 0.010000000000CGovernanceManager::UpdateCachesAndClean -- Governance Objects: 39 (Proposals: 3, Triggers: 36, Other: 0; Erased: 151), Votes: 172But i dont see any errors in the log.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:54:31 PM by earlzmoade »
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Pat Buckley
  • Developer

more
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »
Hi Earlz,

Did you click on the send button to send the cards...Just a thought...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »
Evenin Rob.

I noticed new version 1.6.1.9  is out for testing.
Sweet! I will do the test cases tonight.
Downloaded and synced the new  version with no problems.
I saw my testnet sanc is pose banned, its still on 1.6.1.4 , suppose upgrade mandatory for sancs aswell?

Anyhow will get to testing the diffrent  scenarios now.

On the csv bulk i tested with 6  and 4 adresses i get so far as to all the confirmation windows , confirming the adress 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 etc etc
but after that nothing happends, i just click on the last ok and nothing seems to happen.

Looking in the debug log i got this information:

Code: [Select]
ImportGreetingCards - Imported 6 LinesCalculateAPM::Result==1.000000::LastHeight 95550 Price 0.010000000000, Current Price 0.010000000000CGovernanceManager::UpdateCachesAndClean -- Governance Objects: 39 (Proposals: 3, Triggers: 36, Other: 0; Erased: 151), Votes: 172But i dont see any errors in the log.

Hi Earlz,

Most likely then it worked;  we don't have a "successfully sent" message at the end.
To find out for sure you can click 'deliver this for real' and at least you will see the BBP coming out of your acct (should be one gone for every one sent).
Basically the code just loops through updating the address and name info, and sends a customized card to each person one by one...

On another note if you could help us create a couple non-bbp stakes in the new Portfolio builder that would really be appreciated, cause that is a brand new feature.

Thanks!

Guys, I am adding a feature now to allow generation of "gift referral codes".  This means one user who is charitable can give away their utxo reward to another user.  This should be interesting.  I have them set up so they expire in 30 days, so a charitable person basically types 'generatereferralcode Gift_Amount'  and this gift can be 'consumed' by people for 30 days.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2021, 12:55:00 PM »
Hi Earlz,

Most likely then it worked;  we don't have a "successfully sent" message at the end.
To find out for sure you can click 'deliver this for real' and at least you will see the BBP coming out of your acct (should be one gone for every one sent).
Basically the code just loops through updating the address and name info, and sends a customized card to each person one by one...

On another note if you could help us create a couple non-bbp stakes in the new Portfolio builder that would really be appreciated, cause that is a brand new feature.

Thanks!

Guys, I am adding a feature now to allow generation of "gift referral codes".  This means one user who is charitable can give away their utxo reward to another user.  This should be interesting.  I have them set up so they expire in 30 days, so a charitable person basically types 'generatereferralcode Gift_Amount'  and this gift can be 'consumed' by people for 30 days.

Evenin.

Aahh yeah that would explain some things, for sure will try "deliever for real" button.

Yeah i got some eth and dash i could try the portfolio staking.

Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »
** BiblePay Unchained Update **

BiblePay unchained is evolving.  I'm seeing some real use cases coming for it (especially related to our weekly conference strategic outcomes) and due to the direction of this Country (IE Freedom initiatives).

So, for now Unchained will stay in testnet (most likely til September or so), in order for us to make it into a real decentralized social media platform.
I'm working on making it so companies can use biblepay for file storage, CDN, DNS, etc (to host uncensorable content).  The use case for users is to make it a freedom of speech platform for social media use.  And finally a third prong to allow churches to integrate.  We had a great call today regarding churches (great ideas from Pat).  We are thinking of 'channels' for churches that let them upload their weekly videos (or as many as they want), collect tithes, and offer merchandise.

In the mean time here is the new URL for testing (note that this is not related to core wallet testing), Im just starting here in alpha simply because I want to get it off the ground:
https://unchained.biblepay.org/VideoList

So if you guys could please do this:
Go to account
Save your nickname
Create a new wallet (with the Generate button)
Save your 10 biblical words in a document so you can retrieve them later
Verify that you can send tBBP to your unchained wallet (if you need some let me know)
Verify you can spend a little bit of tBBP from the web wallet back to your core wallet (With Account | Send Money to Address)

Then go to the "Video List"
Click on and verify a video plays (these are decentralized now, not stored on our host anymore but stored on StorJ)
Next, upload a video with "Add new video", be sure to type something about it first then upload it and verify it appears in the list
(The video record is stored in the CHAIN, its all decentralized)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:28:18 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2021, 03:09:27 PM »
I'm starting to make a todo list of mission critical items that need shored up in testnet before the next release (IE we need to test these within 2 weeks, basically).

One new item that really needs tested it our Referral Gift (this is the one that originally started as a founder bonus, and due to our weekly call we decided to improve this feature into a decentralized gift that Any leaderboard participant can give to others).  So we allow a leaderboard participant to "give away" part of their portfolio to people claiming the code.  Ill post the test details during the next upgrade post..  We also need to do better testing of foreign utxo stakes - I think Im the only person who tested one.  Our product is not going to necessarily have a high quality unless we can do better testing.  So we need a couple more foreign trustwallet stakes added.  We also need to test referral codes again with trustwallet integration (just test a referral code using the prior test case again while you have a leaderboard position on in this version, as leaderboard positions are now trustwallet compatible).

Ill continue to make a list first, so I can make an all encompassing release and we can get all these loose ends tied up at once.