Read 45569 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - RANDOMX INTEGRATION
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2020, 11:05:52 AM »
Are there any other requirements for the pool besides updating the code and daemon? Do I need to add a Monero wallet or anything like that?

You would need a monero SPV prod wallet address (like a miner has), dedicated for the pool.

While you are getting that, let me see if we need any code changes to expose the address on the front page of the pool for people to see how much charity we collected.

What Im thinking is we leave it like this for 3-4 months and then reassess the situation.  If the satellite pools only collect say less than $100 per month (and successfully spend it on orphan charity for biblepay) Im not in a super hurry to re-write the whole pool in c# just yet. 

But we will need to agree on some type of liquidation plan even in this interim stage.  Im thinking about doing this:  SAI.NGO (Venezuelan orphans) has agreed to allow us to sponsor 20-30 orphans.  Once I pay for those upfront (out of my own pocket), I think I will ask Steve if he will be willing to accept XMR payments from us.
I will most likely ask you to send your monthly donation to him, and for now that will be the benefit (and of course we will give you the bios of the orphans your pool is sponsoring through SAI) so you can post those bios on one of your pool pages, etc.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2020, 11:10:06 AM »
It's mainly lack of time for signing and for testing because of the CV emergency. I will try to create a signing script and DMG today. Without signing, anyone can use the binary but disabling the gatekeeper protection for that specific binary.

Ok, so you are saying people do this all the time with mac downloads.  They encounter binaries that are unsigned, but look at them as unprofessional?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2020, 03:11:27 PM »
You would need a monero SPV prod wallet address (like a miner has), dedicated for the pool.

While you are getting that, let me see if we need any code changes to expose the address on the front page of the pool for people to see how much charity we collected.

What Im thinking is we leave it like this for 3-4 months and then reassess the situation.  If the satellite pools only collect say less than $100 per month (and successfully spend it on orphan charity for biblepay) Im not in a super hurry to re-write the whole pool in c# just yet. 

But we will need to agree on some type of liquidation plan even in this interim stage.  Im thinking about doing this:  SAI.NGO (Venezuelan orphans) has agreed to allow us to sponsor 20-30 orphans.  Once I pay for those upfront (out of my own pocket), I think I will ask Steve if he will be willing to accept XMR payments from us.
I will most likely ask you to send your monthly donation to him, and for now that will be the benefit (and of course we will give you the bios of the orphans your pool is sponsoring through SAI) so you can post those bios on one of your pool pages, etc.

Btw, please don't upgrade the pool til the day before go-live, because they are not backward compatible.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »
Are there any other requirements for the pool besides updating the code and daemon? Do I need to add a Monero wallet or anything like that?

Ok, so I did have to expose the XMR Charity address in the pool configuration file, that is being checked in now.

Now all, you can go to the home page of the pool (rxtest.biblepay.org) - in the 4th row under Global Stats - and see:
- The XMR Charity address (this lets people monitor the pools gains per month.  You can just paste the charity address in the XMR lookup tab btw and see the mined amount - easier than monitoring the XMR wallet balance).
- The picture of an orphan
- The suggestion that Earl made on the configuration option for the last option

Afaik, I think we are ready to go live.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:25:48 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »
Ok, so I did have to expose the XMR Charity address in the pool configuration file, that is being checked in now.

Now all, you can go to the home page of the pool (rxtest.biblepay.org) - in the 4th row under Global Stats - and see:
- The XMR Charity address (this lets people monitor the pools gains per month.  You can just paste the charity address in the XMR lookup tab btw and see the mined amount - easier than monitoring the XMR wallet balance).
- The picture of an orphan
- The suggestion that Earl made on the configuration option for the last option

Afaik, I think we are ready to go live.
Test

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »
configuring rigs so they are ready for mainnet launch ;D

2 more days right, will be intresting!
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »
configuring rigs so they are ready for mainnet launch ;D

2 more days right, will be intresting!

Yeah, this should be cool!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »
Pinning this for the future in case anyone else has this issue (a silent exit by the miner after a random amount of time, especially on ryzen 1700s):
https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/e4k7cq/xmrig_ryzen_7_1700_fix/f9e676q/

So there is a workaround, (Im experiencing this myself), we can make a loop in a batch file like this (pretend this is miner5.bat):

:miningloop
xmrig.exe --params
goto miningloop

I will probably be doing this myself.

And just to give a little background on the problem, first of all there is a CPU setting on some motherboards called 'opcache' that might fix the underlying issue.
But the reason we aren't trying to handle this inside the program is since the JIT machine language is generated on the fly, the actual error signal is a segfault, but in a machine language area that can't have an error catch around it - and - segfaults cause program instability if you try to program around them.  Another words the only safe way to handle this is to let the process die and restart the process at the OS level.

Hopefully not many of our users will have to do this - but I appear to be one in this category with my early version of the 1700, etc. 

I havent tried the bios change yet but Ill post if it works later.

Let's revisit this today, hang on.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2020, 03:13:45 PM »
** Solution if your miner crashes when mining randomX **

Create a batch file on windows with the following

Code: [Select]
xmrig.exe -o rx.biblepay.org:3001 -u bbpaddress -p moneroaddress --threads=8
goto miningloop

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2020, 04:05:49 AM »
** Solution if your miner crashes when mining randomX **

Create a batch file on windows with the following

Code: [Select]
xmrig.exe -o rx.biblepay.org:3001 -u bbpaddress -p moneroaddress --threads=8
goto miningloop

Cheers!
I have had a r5 1600 that have had some strange behaviour, will try it out.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.