Read 221 times

• CameroonONE

• January 15, 2018, 01:04:02 pm
    • Boston, Massachusetts
    more
BiblePay & CameroonONE
« on: January 17, 2018, 05:20:32 pm »
Hi Everyone.

My name is Todd and I am the director of a 501c3 registered charity organization called CameroonONE that sponsors orphaned children in the Republic of Cameroon. The children in our program have been transitioned to family care, which means that they have been removed from the villages' overcrowded and under-resourced orphanages and placed in the households of extended family members in their communities of birth. We then sponsor all education and health needs and help to strengthen the family unit so that they are able to provide for their own nieces and nephews.

Our charity is being endorsed by BiblePay and Rob and Jaap have reviewed our financials and are very supportive of our orphan-care approach and family-preservation practices. We look forward to our partnership with BiblePay and thank you to all of you for supporting the parentless children of this world through your transactions!

You can learn more about CameroonONE at:
https://www.cameroonone.org/projects
https://www.facebook.com/CameroonONE/
https://twitter.com/CameroonONE   

Mission
CameroonONE is the first organization in Cameroon placing orphaned children in the household of surviving relatives while ensuring that they receive an education and proper healthcare within a secure family environment in order to bring hope and opportunity to a large population of the country’s orphans.

Vision
To create a culture in which all orphaned children in Cameroon have the opportunity to grow as a member of a family and become productive citizens who will impact and lead their community into a better future.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: BiblePay & CameroonONE
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:46:21 pm »
I have reviewed the finances and legitimacy of CameroonOne together with my brother (who had a masters degree in international politics, and has a management position in a charitable organisation). I absolutely vouch for BiblePay to start teaming up with CameroonOne.

Although we currently have Compassion as our prime charitable cause, I think CameroonOne is a worthy supplement. I've been talking to Todd for a while now and his organisation is taking a route concerning orphans that is absolutely needed in the current situation in Cameroon. Orphanages are overcrowded and/or corrupt, and by placing orphans with surviving family members they not only solve the problem with the orphanages, but also give the children a chance to grow up in the most supportive surroundings.

CameroonOne is also interested in incoperating the workflow we have currently with Compassion. That means that we will be able to send en receive letters to the orphans that we sponsor, and this can possible take place via an API that can be implemented in our pool.

Rob has suggested (and I concur) that we start with the sponsorship of two orphans with CameroonOne as a 'trial', so we can find out together if we can make some good things happen :)

My suggestion would be to pay the premiums of these orphans for a year into the future (the costs of this are projected to be around 300 dollars per year per orphan), and see how it goes from there.

I hope that BiblePay and CameroonOne have a future together, and we can help eachother grow.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 04:27:35 pm »
How exciting to see another fellow smaller non-profit involved with BiblePay! It's so difficult to fundraise when you're a smaller organization, so I hope you will be able to have some orphans sponsored through this project.

A few questions I have are:

1. Is this a specific proposal for the sponsorship of a certain number of kids? If so, can you be specific as to how many kids you are requesting sponsorship for, how much per month, for how long, what the funds provide the children, etc? Amounts in BBP and $USD would be great.
2. Are you a Christian organization? I do not see any mission statement in line with Christianity on your website.
3. This is a question for the creators/voters: Does BBP require organizations to be Christian if they are being sponsored with BBP funds?

Thank you and blessings to your team and children in Cameroon!

• Alex

• November 15, 2017, 07:39:59 pm
    more
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
3. This is a question for the creators/voters: Does BBP require organizations to be Christian if they are being sponsored with BBP funds?

Only my opinion but I would support both christians non-christians if they are both equally "good/efficient/etc." when it comes to helping those in distress. If the budget was limited and I had to chose between the two, then it would really depend on multiple factors and circumstances for me. (Although I can see how "BiblePay" maybe should prioritise christian charities).

I asked this question to BLOOM and I would like to ask the same question about CameroonONE:

Would it be possible have some numbers about CameroonONE (number of children currently sponsored, volunteers, money raised, etc?). I am trying to get an idea of the size of your organisation and its current impact.

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 01:28:31 pm »
Jaap did a lot of due diligence with CameroonOne, and I was very impressed with his summary about Cameroon.

From what I can see they are solid, efficient, and growing. 

1.  Cameroon, how many children do you actively sponsor? 
2.  What areas of the world are the children in?
3.  Does your organization promote Christian beliefs toward the children?

• CameroonONE

• January 15, 2018, 01:04:02 pm
    • Boston, Massachusetts
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:40:04 am »
Hi everyone.

1.  Cameroon, how many children do you actively sponsor?

At the moment we have 84 children in two tribes in NW Province, Cameroon, in the towns of Mankon and Belo. In addition, we are assisting some other Community-Based Organizations with their orphan-care approaches; this month in Liberia with families affected by the ebola crisis that left many children parentless.

2.  What areas of the world are the children in?

We operate in Central Africa. Cameroon does not receive the sort of INGO attention that other countries do, and the regions that we work in are the Anglophone provinces that are marginalized by the French-speaking government. This places our students at a double disadvantage that we work to counter-balance.

3.  Does your organization promote Christian beliefs toward the children?

Our students are all Christians and our organization definitely promotes Christian values. We want our students to be decent, compassionate, hard-working and honest. They all attend church and religious activities. That said, CameroonONE is not a political or religious charity and we would promote these values and unconditional help to children in need whoever they are. Our mission is consistent and in line with Biblical teaching and Christian traditions.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:17:51 am by CameroonONE »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 10:08:26 am »
Okay, since it looks like the 'BLOOM proposal' will be included in the next superblock despite of the ongoing discussion on in what way and how much BBP should be spend in that charity, there is no more room for CameroonONE in the next superblock (if I'm right). So with both Compassion and BLOOM on our charity list, everything is spent.

So it looks like we should be prepping a proposal for the next superblock that is outlined in such a way that that sanctuaries will vote 'yes' for the next superblock, because it would be a real shame to lose this project!

We are both young and looking for a bright future, so I propose we bundle our powers and make this work!

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:47:01 am »
Okay, since it looks like the 'BLOOM proposal' will be included in the next superblock despite of the ongoing discussion on in what way and how much BBP should be spend in that charity, there is no more room for CameroonONE in the next superblock (if I'm right). So with both Compassion and BLOOM on our charity list, everything is spent.

So it looks like we should be prepping a proposal for the next superblock that is outlined in such a way that that sanctuaries will vote 'yes' for the next superblock, because it would be a real shame to lose this project!

We are both young and looking for a bright future, so I propose we bundle our powers and make this work!

Also, I really like the integrity level of Cameroon and all the due digilence you put into it.

I think as long as we can ask Cameroon to create some BIOLinks for us (clickable URLs for children) we should highly recommend cameroon to create a proposal for this next superblock!  Why not give Cameroon 1 million starter bbp for 20 seed children?  Depending on pricing and how many months in advance we shoot for. 

Also, If we can release our major PODC release in March, our superblocks will contain more of a budget Jaap, the budget is tripling so we will have more room for funding for Cameroon.   

But I do believe we should stay close to 1 mil bbp, so as to ensure our relationship grows slow and strong then we can check for feedback to ensure all sides love our Cameroon implementation.