Bible Pay

Read 277 times

• m00

• November 06, 2017, 04:57:57 am
    more
Sanctuary disappeared overnight..
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:20:02 am »
Woke up this morning to it being expired, and seemingly the daemon shutdown around 11.00pm UTC for some reason..

Both mnsync status and masternode status returned "error: couldn't connect to server"..

Restarted the daemon, and it synced eventually, and appeared enabled again..

I was assuming it was something I've done during setting it up, but it had been running on it's own for 3 days now, so was confident it was working.. But then I noticed a whole bunch of other MNs were in Expired states on the MN list.. Not just me.. Though as of writing this, that seems to have reduced somewhat..

I know there's not a whole bunch of technical info to go on, but just trying to work out if there's something wrong with my setup, or of some event last night, triggered the glut of Expired statuses..

Edit: Think I've got to the bottom of why it happened, seems that it was scheduled maintenance on the vultr network, which resulted in network being down.. Which explains the other Expired nodes I saw, they were probably all on the same server location.. Would that explain the MN service stopping ? Does it shutdown in the absence of network connectivity ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:48:43 am by m00 »

• putzlappen

• December 16, 2017, 11:54:13 am
    • Leipzig - Germany
    more
Re: Sanctuary disappeared overnight..
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 05:19:53 am »
Woke up this morning to it being expired, and seemingly the daemon shutdown around 11.00pm UTC for some reason..

Both mnsync status and masternode status returned "error: couldn't connect to server"..

Restarted the daemon, and it synced eventually, and appeared enabled again..

I was assuming it was something I've done during setting it up, but it had been running on it's own for 3 days now, so was confident it was working.. But then I noticed a whole bunch of other MNs were in Expired states on the MN list.. Not just me.. Though as of writing this, that seems to have reduced somewhat..

I know there's not a whole bunch of technical info to go on, but just trying to work out if there's something wrong with my setup, or of some event last night, triggered the glut of Expired statuses..

Edit: Think I've got to the bottom of why it happened, seems that it was scheduled maintenance on the vultr network, which resulted in network being down.. Which explains the other Expired nodes I saw, they were probably all on the same server location.. Would that explain the MN service stopping ? Does it shutdown in the absence of network connectivity ?

Hi m00,
i have a VPS on vultr too, but there was no maintenace.
Maybe the reason is block 23000? And your masternote need an upgrade to 1.0.7.1 ?

If not, just ignore my answer, iam just a noob  ;D
Greetings from Germany <3

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:36:35 am »
My deamon stopped working also. But I'm not on a Vultr vps, so I think we can delete that from the equation.

Maybe we could use a script that will check the deamon status and restart if necessary. Something like this:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/auto-restart-the-masternode.3103/

If someone could rewrite that for BBP, that would be awesome :)

• putzlappen

• December 16, 2017, 11:54:13 am
    • Leipzig - Germany
    more
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:01 am »
My deamon stopped working also. But I'm not on a Vultr vps, so I think we can delete that from the equation.

Maybe we could use a script that will check the deamon status and restart if necessary. Something like this:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/auto-restart-the-masternode.3103/

If someone could rewrite that for BBP, that would be awesome :)

This seems to be simple (dont stings me if its wrong, i start to work with linux one month ago^^):

Go to YOUR biblepay-path. For example: /home/root/biblepay/src

Create a mn_autostart.sh file with this code:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
SERVICE='biblepayd'
if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $SERVICE > /dev/null
then
  echo "$SERVICE is already running!"
else
  ./biblepayd -daemon
fi

Now we need to add this as an cronjob:

export EDITOR=nano
crontab -e
Go to the end an paste:

*/2 * * * * sh /home/root/biblepay/src/mn_autostart.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
Please Check and correct it to YOUR Path.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:32:05 pm by putzlappen »
Greetings from Germany <3

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:10:49 pm »
Thanks man :) I've used nano to create the mn_autostart.sh file, but I don't think it's working yet... Gonna try and tweak a little bit..
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:30:27 pm by jaapgvk »

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 03:16:33 am »
Has anyone had succes with this script? The script is working for me, but the crontab doesn't seem to function :(