Bible Pay

Poll

Should we mint 3.5BTC for mass sale of BBP for our Sanctuary Go Live as a fundraiser for a potential listing on potential exchanges?

Yes, make a block around Christmas pay out 3.5BTC to an escrow account in BBP
21 (80.8%)
No, just wait until we have a PR budget in place, and let the sanctuaries vote on issues like this
4 (15.4%)
Abstain, (Dont Wish to Participate in this Vote)
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: December 16, 2017, 01:27:35 pm

Read 11614 times

Thanks for all you do.  Sounds like a great plan and one that mitigates the potential issues surrounding this. 

• ed12345

• November 04, 2017, 11:00:08 am
    more
thanks, so we can have so far 0.33 + 0.1 = 0.43. Someone else wants to join? 2.87 BTC still missing to the needed amount.

Sorry to have caused a misunderstanding.  I meant 10% of my monthly salary, seeing as my yearly income is 0.6 of a bitcoin at current trading price.  ;D.  I wish I did own .33 bitcoin though :P

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Thanks for all you do.  Sounds like a great plan and one that mitigates the potential issues surrounding this.
Thanks, hopefully it all goes smoothly and thanks for helping out!

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I just got a message that the deal fell through.  So I am modifying the client to Not mint the 3.5 BTC block.
(Im not sure yet of the reason - Im still working on finding out).

(Note, the block was for 3.3 BTC for integration fees + .2 BTC for service fees that is why it was 3.5 btc).

I have not received my refund yet, but thats on me, Ill update when I hear more about whats going on.

I just wanted to update anyone that was waiting in the wings - not buying BBP to realize that we wont have any special deal to buy at next week, so I didnt want to stop anyone if you were holding off.  Now going forward, everything is voted in by the sanctuaries.

• jmmc

• December 09, 2017, 05:54:33 am
    more
Sorry to have caused a misunderstanding.  I meant 10% of my monthly salary, seeing as my yearly income is 0.6 of a bitcoin at current trading price.  ;D.  I wish I did own .33 bitcoin though :P.
Ahh, sorry. Anyway, thanks for participation. As new plan was rolled out and direct BTC donation will not be necessary after all.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
Wow, thats a lót of money... I don't really know what to say...

Just keep us updated and let's hope it's not a scam (but I kinda doubt it)...

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 am
    more
who is this guy? give us his nick or where he operates or where you found him.....

dont understand this listing via foreign ppl

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 am
    • Texas, USA
    more
This gives me a sinking feeling in my gut, so sorry Rob..  :'( I hope this all works out.

A core developer of Obsidian reached out to me on Twitter, his name is Alan, hes been following our project and read my latest tweet about the exchange deal falling through and was curious what happened, I sent him the link to this thread,
he offered to try and help us with the Exchange issue and verify if HitBtc is aware of us and reached out to his team's marketing guy and CEO,
Im in the Obsidian Discord now, and their marketing guy said he has witnessed this scam before  :(

• Alex

• November 15, 2017, 07:39:59 pm
    more
I'm sad to hear that Rob :/ I really hope you get your money back quickly.

I'm slowly catchup with the news. I wasn't expecting the masternodes that early!

My dnsseed has been updated to only store/accept/return nodes with the new version Edit: Protocol 70709.

I will update the block explorer soon (still going to be the old interface since I haven't had time to work on the new one).

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:34:07 pm by Alex »

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I'm sad to hear that Rob :/ I really hope you get your money back quickly.

I'm slowly catchup with the news. I wasn't expecting the masternodes that early!

My dnsseed has been updated to only store/accept/return nodes with the new version Edit: Protocol 70709.

I will update the block explorer soon (still going to be the old interface since I haven't had time to work on the new one).

Thanks dude.