Read 5093 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
September Recurring orphanage premiums due - Compassion
« on: September 05, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »
Each month we sponsor approximately 309 children at compassion.com.

Rob, the lead dev pays the expense and keeps a copy of the receipt. 

The expenses can be viewed by navigating to Accountability.biblepay.org | Expenses and viewing the PDF.

All funds raised by this endeavor are spent at compassion.com, with any excess going to prepayments for the future (the prepaid amount is stored at compassion in the biblepay.org account).

To see the amounts we raised in the past by selling BBP for bitcoin see this page:
 See accountability.biblepay.org | Orphans | Orphan Fundraisers.  You can audit the total by finding the sum of all fundraisers.

I am requesting  7,000,000 bbp (which is 25% of what we need.).

Due to our low price we will need to terminate approximately half of the sponsorships later this month.
They will be covered by Compassions continued-sponsor-insurance program.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:58:05 AM by Rob A. »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: September Recurring orphanage premiums due - Compassion
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »
I will vote 'yes' for this proposal. But if we're still in the same predicament next month, I don't want to exceed the 10% budget for charity anymore.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:36:38 AM »
I will vote 'yes' for this proposal. But if we're still in the same predicament next month, I don't want to exceed the 10% budget for charity anymore.

I agree that we should be sticking to the percentages stated. Even though charity is our number 1 goal, you cannot take funding away from other areas and expect the coin to grow.

I think we should cut the number of sponsorships down to 100 and ask people to personally sponsor the 209 that did not make it on the list. We can do a manual rewards system temporarily or just record the sponsorships and work out the rewards later.

We need to take greater care in determining the number of children to sponsor. One of the considerations is to account for a 50% drop in price at any point in time, something more sophisticated then a buffer system.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 12:33:48 PM »
I agree that we should be sticking to the percentages stated. Even though charity is our number 1 goal, you cannot take funding away from other areas and expect the coin to grow.

I think we should cut the number of sponsorships down to 100 and ask people to personally sponsor the 209 that did not make it on the list. We can do a manual rewards system temporarily or just record the sponsorships and work out the rewards later.

We need to take greater care in determining the number of children to sponsor. One of the considerations is to account for a 50% drop in price at any point in time, something more sophisticated then a buffer system.

I agree, I think we should start planning to cut the compassion at least in half within 30 days if our price stays this low.

I also agree that we should "try" to keep the charity from exceeding the 10%, however only if it means that all of our other charities other than compassion are restricted by an equal percentage of cutbacks.

I dont want to see charity XYZ receive 100% funding for expenses that are thing like airfaire or pleasure, while compassion gets cut (which is $38 a month per child). 

Yes, we need to be more proactive before we expand again.  You cant argue that we didnt have a phenomal period of growth and thats how we got here.  Then we had a phenomenal crash of 70%, so this buffer was almost working.  I think if we did have the entire 6 month buffer complete, we would have weathered this storm better.

Live and learn I suppose.

And *after* I put this in, I received Gingers response (about terminations and insurance).  It didnt feel right (before knowing this) to put in any payroll for myself for example (or the current IT expenses sitting on the desk).  However in light of that response, if our price stays low for 10 more days, and compassion is being voted down, Ill consider starting to terminate the children (knowing about the termination insurance) towards the end of this month, entering a smaller compassion proposal, and putting in payroll.  Let's see how the next 10 days goes and how our fast impacts our price and what God's outlook is on this.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:37:17 PM by Rob A. »

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »
However in light of that response, if our price stays low for 10 more days, and compassion is being voted down, Ill consider starting to terminate the children (knowing about the termination insurance) towards the end of this month, entering a smaller compassion proposal, and putting in payroll.  Let's see how the next 10 days goes and how our fast impacts our price and what God's outlook is on this.

I know you did NOT mean it in a negative way, but..
Jaap's post on BTC highlighted this line for me.. Perhaps it should be terminate sponsorship and not "children".   We don't need to give slovak any ammo.

Feel free to delete this comment after you update :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »
I know you did NOT mean it in a negative way, but..
Jaap's post on BTC highlighted this line for me.. Perhaps it should be terminate sponsorship and not "children".   We don't need to give slovak any ammo.

Feel free to delete this comment after you update :)

It doesn't need edited, and it is proper English to say it this way, and it obviously doesn't mean I plan on killing any children.

I laughed when I said something similar to my wife about an upcoming schedule (IE I am going to start fasting on Tuesday) and I say 'Its my last meal .. referring to Monday night' and she thinks its a negative comment (as in Ill be dead the next day).  I said, no its proper English to say its my last meal, as the assumption is not that Im dying.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »
It doesn't need edited, and it is proper English to say it this way, and it obviously doesn't mean I plan on killing any children.

I laughed when I said something similar to my wife about an upcoming schedule (IE I am going to start fasting on Tuesday) and I say 'Its my last meal .. referring to Monday night' and she thinks its a negative comment (as in Ill be dead the next day).  I said, no its proper English to say its my last meal, as the assumption is not that Im dying.

No worries,  I agree its foolish,  sometimes we need to look beyond it for the sake of the message. :)