Read 17417 times

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2018, 06:53:45 am »
My MN is actually on a 512 MB RAM instance. :) And I don't have biblepay-qt nor the dependencies for it, because I installed only CLI. Is there any other way to record crash logs?

Also, now that you've mentioned it, those clock delays in seconds are almost exactly: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours and 9 hours. Hmm, what could be the meaning of that, or what are they trying to achieve with that?
No other way to achieve crash logs- even if you ran with all the switches (instantsend=true, debugmaster=true, masternode=true) etc, would not guarantee that line that caused the segfault would be in the log.  The only thing in the log is what we write to the log.  However valgrind intakes its pointer to the line of source before executing each line, so it is really the only effective way.   

The time attack could be either a) to try to connect and slip a proof-of-work block in that has been pre-hashed on a supercomputer, (because they have the luxury of doing it over time), or b) to try to offset the GetNetworkTime() function - to adulterate it, to bring us as a network forward or back so they can inject a sttring of blocks to make money on their own fork.  We have NTP protection for past & future, of up to 10 minutes, but it relies on the network average time being correct, thats why we hang up on nodes who are off by more than 300 seconds.