Bible Pay

Read 261 times

• zthomasz
  • Administrator

• October 30, 2017, 02:45:30 pm
    more
New Website Improvements
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:27:47 pm »
The new website at BiblePay.org now includes the improvements listed in the "makeover" that was proposed and approved last month.

First, the platform was moved to WordPress in order to lower the cost of future web development and reduce maintenance expense.

The site was then brightened up by replacing the old pictures with higher resolution images and enhancing the color scheme.

Much of the content was then edited and reformatted to be professionally friendly.

The website was also upgraded to be mobile responsive, making it easier for smart phone and tablet users to access all current and future BiblePay.org features and services.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: New Website Improvements
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 10:58:02 am »
The new website at BiblePay.org now includes the improvements listed in the "makeover" that was proposed and approved last month.

First, the platform was moved to WordPress in order to lower the cost of future web development and reduce maintenance expense.

The site was then brightened up by replacing the old pictures with higher resolution images and enhancing the color scheme.

Much of the content was then edited and reformatted to be professionally friendly.

The website was also upgraded to be mobile responsive, making it easier for smart phone and tablet users to access all current and future BiblePay.org features and services.

Good work on the technical side of things Thomas :) Sorry to hear you got sick, but great to see you around again!

Some general information for people reading this thread:
I've had a conference call with April and Togo yesterday, and we came up with a bunch of great ideas for the new website (concerning the content), which we are individually going to develop further in the coming weeks.

The plan is to have another meeting in about two weeks (hopefully Thomas will also be able to be part of that), where we are going to discuss how we can best use the ideas we have to go about creating one cohesive hub with biblepay.org, where all kinds of interested people (laymen, tech-savy people, investors, news-outlets) can find a clear message what we are about and how they can participate.

I will probably create another thread in this subforum, where other people can also give input on some the of the things that we want to achieve.

In the mean time, I do have some small things I'd like to give feedback on:
- I would personally like the aesthetics of the site more if all the screen-wide images have the same size (right now, the photo of the boy holding the bible to his forehead doesn't fill up the whole screen).
- The dynamic roadmap from the Wiki (using a wrapper I guess?) is showing a scrollbar (on my Chrome browser, not in Edge).
-There is no favicon yet.
-The bloom website is nog bloom.com but: http://www.bloomworldwide.org/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:22:35 pm by jaapgvk »

• zthomasz
  • Administrator

• October 30, 2017, 02:45:30 pm
    more
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:47:12 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions Jaap!

Your mention that I "got sick" might have left some wondering about my health, so I'll clarify that it was in reference to my recent bout with the flu. The time off work put me behind schedule a bit, but our web team completed everything in the approved Website Proposal promptly and are now working on a few additional items.

- Since your post ...

- We changed the Bloom link to www.bloomworldwide.org/

- Added a favicon (created from the BiblePay logo). Depending on the browser you're using, you may have to empty your cache or delete history to the favicon in the tab.

- The dynamic Roadmap is an add-on and will be tweaked to show only the table at wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap. It shouldn't have a scrollbar, at least on most browsers. Let me know which browser/version you're using.

- All slider images are intended to be full screen width, we will adjust the little boy image to full width.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 03:15:28 am »

- The dynamic Roadmap is an add-on and will be tweaked to show only the table at wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap. It shouldn't have a scrollbar, at least on most browsers. Let me know which browser/version you're using.

Thanks!

I was using Chrome 65.0.3325.181. But I was also zoomed in when I visited biblepay.org, when I returned to 100% zoom, the scrollbar disappeared.