Bible Pay

Read 41377 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
That is not accurate enough - we will need one specific person who claims to be missing paste their exec getboincinfo.  Pool is a completely different codebase than the client.  The client was created to work through disaster recovery modes, etc.

Lets not look at the pool for anything.

Alright :)

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 am
    • USA
    more
My testnet wallet with CPID burn transaction ran out of disk space, not sure when though,
Im too much of a linux newbie still to pinpoint the issue, but the disk space on AWS was only 8GB, Ive extended to 20GB now,
the debug.log was only 155MB in size

Upgraded both of my testnet sanctuaries to v1.0.9.7

In testnet3 folder, removed blocks and chainstate folders and relevant .dat files, reindexed
Since there was a protocol version increase, ran start-alias command for masternodes
Turned on 1 mining thread for wallet with CPID burn

Reference: How to Update and Clean Wallets:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nmvm8/how_to_update_clean_wallets/

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 pm
    more
1.0.9.7 has been deployed for windows.

Note, the hot sanctuaries will say "unable to start" until we start getting the other peers connected on 1.0.9.7.
You can try deleting your peers.dat, and restarting the hot sanc after you upgrade.

Also, if some people could please upgrade their Prod instance and just verify everything works.  I realize this is going to be a little messy.

I will be gone for about 6 hours...
Hi,
Rob I'm thinking that something is wrong with it.
I am on 1097. Win and Linux.
In linux headless it is normal. Starts with setgenerate true 1 and you must just unlock it.
But in Win it didn't work for me.
On boot it asks for PWD and after inserting it does nothing.
Wallet is locked and not generating BBP. When I do it manually it works, but not automatically.
getinfo:
  "version": 1000907,
  "protocolversion": 70716,
  "walletversion": 61000,
  "wallet_fullversion": "1.0.9.7",
  "balance": 7332481.00093010,
  "privatesend_balance": 0.00000000,
  "retirement_balance": 0,
  "blocks": 15388,
  "timeoffset": 0,
  "connections": 8,
  "proxy": "",
  "difficulty": 0.02513946871654256,
  "testnet": true,
  "keypoololdest": 1506015302,
  "keypoolsize": 1012,
  "unlocked_until": 0,
  "paytxfee": 0.00000000,
  "relayfee": 0.00010000,
  "errors": ""
and getmininginfo
  "blocks": 15388,
  "currentblocksize": 1000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty_podc": 28.7044849880676,
  "difficulty_pow": 0.2513946871654256,
  "difficulty": 28.7044849880676,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 1,
  "networkhashps": 19290821.32796781,
  "hashps": 75.48933921421167,
  "minerstarttime": "03-04-2018 20:02:50",
  "hashcounter": 7428,
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "testnet": true,
  "chain": "test",
  "biblepay-generate": false,
  "poolinfo1": "Failed to sign CPID signature (unlock wallet)?; ",
  "poolinfo2": "",
  "poolinfo3": "",
  "miningpulse": 14,
  "poolmining": false,
  "pool_url": "",
  "poolmining_use_ssl": false

And using genproclimit more than 1 is working for me. When I use e.g. setgenerate true 12 cpu is "heating" more.

In prod version is asking for PODC pwd on boot and PODC tab is there too.
So can we try associate in prod? is it live now?

My understanding is genproclimit of 1 is the minimum, you can use as much as you want to and will still be PoBh mining with that.  In fact, if you're NOT using BOINC at that computer, for the health of the network you should run it as high as possible in my opinion.

1.0.9.7 is working on my windows machine without error, although I did have to "clean" it, meaning erase all the files in the Biblepay Core folder except the biblepay.conf and the wallet.dat (i erased all the others in both main and test3)

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
My testnet wallet with CPID burn transaction ran out of disk space, not sure when though,
Im too much of a linux newbie still to pinpoint the issue, but the disk space on AWS was only 8GB, Ive extended to 20GB now,
the debug.log was only 155MB in size

Upgraded both of my testnet sanctuaries to v1.0.9.7

In testnet3 folder, removed blocks and chainstate folders and relevant .dat files, reindexed
Since there was a protocol version increase, ran start-alias command for masternodes
Turned on 1 mining thread for wallet with CPID burn

Reference: How to Update and Clean Wallets:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nmvm8/how_to_update_clean_wallets/

Cool, I also updated my testnet-sanctuary.

Also updated a prod wallet. At first sight it seem to function as expected, and the 'Distributed Computing' tab is showing.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more

In prod version is asking for PODC pwd on boot and PODC tab is there too.
So can we try associate in prod? is it live now?

I tried to associate a new 'unbanked' account on the pool, and it seems to be working  8)

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 pm
    more
1.0.9.7 is working on my windows machine without error, although I did have to "clean" it, meaning erase all the files in the Biblepay Core folder except the biblepay.conf and the wallet.dat (i erased all the others in both main and test3)
I've made "clean" install but it didn't helped. Still same. After bootup PoDC pwd is wallet still locked and not generate.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 pm
    more
I'm still not getting any tasks on my Android.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I've made "clean" install but it didn't helped. Still same. After bootup PoDC pwd is wallet still locked and not generate.

I've tried a couple of things, and on windows the new wallet is functioning fine with both unlocked and locked wallets in testnet as well as prod. I didn't even do a clean install.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more

Are you absolutely sure you've entered the right password, because when I open my wallet and enter a wrong password purposely, the wallet does open, but gives me the same 'Failed to sign CPID signature' error.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I'm still not getting any tasks on my Android.

Me neither...

• T-Mike

more
Me neither...

And it's funny that no one seems to be asking about it on the Rosetta forums.

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

You can see there it appears they have run out of Android tasks

Application                    Unsent    In progress    Runtime of last 100 tasks in hours: average, min, max    Users in last 24 hours
Rosetta for Android    0           7508            6.54 (0.46 - 97.78)                                                                    793

Only about 3% use Rosetta for Android, and it pulls from a totally different set than the rest.  Windows, Linux, Mac, they all pull from either Rosetta or Rosetta Mini.

• T-Mike

more
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

You can see there it appears they have run out of Android tasks

Application                    Unsent    In progress    Runtime of last 100 tasks in hours: average, min, max    Users in last 24 hours
Rosetta for Android    0           7508            6.54 (0.46 - 97.78)                                                                    793

Only about 3% use Rosetta for Android, and it pulls from a totally different set than the rest.  Windows, Linux, Mac, they all pull from either Rosetta or Rosetta Mini.

Thanks for the link.

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_forum.php?id=201

Lets see if anyone responds.

I hope they do, because Android tasks are pretty important for the real unbanked.  But I can also see if they have less than 3% of their users on it and I doubt there are too many people running more than a pair of Androids, but there are a bunch running multiple PCs.  Plus the PCs are doing much more work per machine on average, so I would be pretty confident in a guess that less than half a percent of the work is done by Android so it's likely not a high priority.